Ultra defensive tactics....Inter style lol

can you post a screenshot of the analysis page, showing where they took their shots from?

I am currently managing Barcelona and this tactic remains the only way that I can get result at the Bernabeu against Madrid, it is impossible to get a result any other way lol. Whenever I play against Madrid away I always use this formation and happily take a 0-0 every time hehe.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

to beat madrid play 4-3-3. there is a massive gap between the dmc's and aml/amr where your dmc/mc/mc triangle will dominate the midfield. took them apart 6-1 at OT. no need to play a ultra defensive 4-6-0

to beat madrid play 4-3-3. there is a massive gap between the dmc's and aml/amr where your dmc/mc/mc triangle will dominate the midfield. took them apart 6-1 at OT. no need to play a ultra defensive 4-6-0

Its different when you are Barcelona, because of the rivalry between the clubs Madrid are much harder to beat then they would normally be. When I play Madrid with Barca all there players seem to be a yard faster, also it seems to be impossible to get the ball past Iker Cassillas, so my only real option is to use my 7-3-0 formation which works every time lol. I usually use a diamond formation but nothing works at the Bernabeu apart from Ultra Defensive.

my 4-3-3 is based ton he barca formation. your team should be just as fired up as them for the rivalry, unless you're picking the wrong team talk. if hargreaves fletcher gourcuff can do it. busquets, xavi, iniesta should shred them. they not going to be much harder since a rivalry works both ways, if your tatcit is getting taken apart maybe you should have a better look at it

my 4-3-3 is based ton he barca formation. your team should be just as fired up as them for the rivalry, unless you're picking the wrong team talk. if hargreaves fletcher gourcuff can do it. busquets, xavi, iniesta should shred them. they not going to be much harder since a rivalry works both ways, if your tatcit is getting taken apart maybe you should have a better look at it

To be honest my tactic is fine, I beat most teams by many goals, this is what I normally use:

Its not taken apart by Madrid at all, its just that I always lose 1-0 away against Madrid with any formation. Its like the game is programmed to make me always lose this fixture 1-0 unless I go all out defensive.

ok well think about how they attack:
the front 4 will shoot from all angles and ranges, they take a ridiculos number of long shots
they start wide, and attack inside, with the full generally providing the width
they play very high up the pitch.
their passing is fairly direct.
its very much attack attack

their home play screams hit them on the counter.

ok well think about how they attack:
the front 4 will shoot from all angles and ranges, they take a ridiculos number of long shots
they start wide, and attack inside, with the full generally providing the width
they play very high up the pitch.
their passing is fairly direct.
its very much attack attack

their home play screams hit them on the counter.

Yeah thats an interesting idea, I might try that next time, thanks for the advice.

That seems to be abit too cautious to me. I definately favour attack in my big games and take the game to the opponents how ever i have had great success with just a 4-5-1. 4-6-0 is well too extreme to play for the hole 90 minutes. Last 10-20 minutes when your holding on then why not. BUT... you are with Inter and that league is so defensive minded i could cry. The Italian league re-structure is due in the next couple of leagues, they need it!

How the **** did Inter win the CL ... Jose Mourinho (who its ok to hate now cause hes gone Real Madrid) if it wasnt for him that squad wouldnt even have got out the group stage like most years for Italian sides.

That seems to be abit too cautious to me. I definately favour attack in my big games and take the game to the opponents how ever i have had great success with just a 4-5-1. 4-6-0 is well too extreme to play for the hole 90 minutes. Last 10-20 minutes when your holding on then why not. BUT... you are with Inter and that league is so defensive minded i could cry. The Italian league re-structure is due in the next couple of leagues, they need it!

How the **** did Inter win the CL ... Jose Mourinho (who its ok to hate now cause hes gone Real Madrid) if it wasnt for him that squad wouldnt even have got out the group stage like most years for Italian sides.

are you seriousley saying inter have a bad squad? what are you on mate

Hi guys, I want to post this slightly improved version of original Ultra Defensive Tactics I used at the start of this thread, here it is:

The original one is better if you are playing against team that are using a diamond formation, but this is definitely better if you are playing against a team who have good wingers.