UNA - players unavailable for next match

wexfordtoffee

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am wondering has anyone started a save with Hoffenheim in Germany

i have an issue with a couple of players displaying UNA beside their name.

i have been playing FM since 2012 & usually their is a reason given for the player been unavailable -

i am still in Pre-season in the 1st Summer but i have played 5 friendlies & 2/3 players still shown been unavailable.

one of the reasons i would like to find a resolution is that one of the players is Kevin Volland probably their best player. I went on pre-season tour & I first thought I might have not registered him but i am back from tour now & he is still unavailable with no reason. I have even played a game since then, he is not on international duty from what I can see. their is no end date on the unavailability. i am 2 1/2 weeks away from start of season & he hasn't played 1 pre-season

anyone played with Hoffenheim experience this or anyone see this with any of their players on other teams.

i don't think i am been stupid & missing something

any ideas cheers

Last edited:
I did notice this "problem" in Germany but it's all aboutt they have long holidays whatever reason.. You can see that from player profile.. either information or attritubes

I have a current Hoffenheim save. As Nnicod55 says, this is a general issue with Germany (but usually only in the first season).

Hoffenheim is a very enjoyable save actually. Relatively rich plus they have Volland. Dont be in a hurry to sell him. Play him as a cf or an IF for a season. Then the whole of Europe will be after him. I sold him in the second summer to City for 60 million all up front and used the money to bring in a lot of class which enabled me to reach the Final of the CL in my 2nd season (having come 2nd behind Bayern in the first) as well as to win the league.

Another tip would be to sell Schaar as soon as you can cos his low pace and acceleration cant be fixed (fast enough) through individual training and he keeps becoming exposed in crucial matches.

I have a current Hoffenheim save. As Nnicod55 says, this is a general issue with Germany (but usually only in the first season).

Hoffenheim is a very enjoyable save actually. Relatively rich plus they have Volland. Dont be in a hurry to sell him. Play him as a cf or an IF for a season. Then the whole of Europe will be after him. I sold him in the second summer to City for 60 million all up front and used the money to bring in a lot of class which enabled me to reach the Final of the CL in my 2nd season (having come 2nd behind Bayern in the first) as well as to win the league.

Another tip would be to sell Schaar as soon as you can cos his low pace and acceleration cant be fixed (fast enough) through individual training and he keeps becoming exposed in crucial matches.

Ok had to ask what tactic you did use? I tried too with Hoffenheim cause I did have good FIFA 15 save but I just didn't formation/instructions working... I was fired maybe after 12-15 games and league position was 14. plus they do struggle with AI normally

I did notice this "problem" in Germany but it's all aboutt they have long holidays whatever reason.. You can see that from player profile.. either information or attritubes

Thanks I will check Player profile again. I thought i did check all that details, was just confusing that most of squad are back weeks now & Volland is not back yet with no return date Set.

Thanks for your response. so what your saying is that Volland & the 2 other players will eventually return. I'm hoping before the start of the season. :$ Ye i havnt played the hoffenheim save in last 3/4 days been playing my Everton save(Everton Fan) but I'm looking forward to it. i want to try a 3 -4 -1 -2 formation. so going to sell the Fullbacks because I'm not even playing with wing backs. which means I'm selling Kim Jin-su (who looks decent a player) & anyone else who cant play either CB/DM/MR/ML. going to see how this formation goes. Is Schaar that bad i may check his stats i need 3 CB's so may buy 2 to play with biut i disabled transfers 1st window so may get by with team i have till January. Thanks again for the response

1. Yes they will return but sometimes they do after the first couple of matches.
2. Kim Jin-Su can be sold for dosh or retrained to be a dw to fit your intended tactics.
3. Schaar looks good but he has 9 pace which is TOO SLOW. I kept him first season cos I thought his other stats would make up for it and he is a sw (and I started with a libero tactic) but how wrong I was. He kept being beaten for pace giving away pens and the like (maybe cos he didnt fit with my pressing tactics) and to my mind he s the reason I didnt win the league.
4. My 2nd season squad is in MANUMAD's thread if you want to see it (and I may put up my current - 3rd season- squad as well).
5. In my first season I bought SVIATCHENKO as a cb for 2.5m and I sold him beginning of the 3rd for 16.5m.

As for Nnicod -

1. Apart from Sviatchenko in the first season I loaned in TIN JEDVAJ and bought people such as Nedelceanu, Wahlqvist, Sisto, Pavon.
2. I used a tactic I got from STRIKERLESS (by Guido - an amazing blog on FM) which I tweaked, another of his with a libero but which I didnt like as well as my own asymmetric 41311 (pressing lots of wing play etc) which I usually use to great effect. Ive been forever thinking of sharing it in my above thread but I havent got the time