Unable to change captains

BHGooner

Reaction score
I am unable to change both main and vice-captain in my Arsenal save in FM20, while using pr0's data update from February 5th.

By default Aybameyang is set as #1, while Bellerin is #2... but when I set Xhaka as #1, Tierney as #2, and then dragged Aubameyang and Bellerin among others as additional captains, everything looks good. But if/when I go back to the same (captaincy) page, both Aubameyang and Bellerin are no longer listed.. rather both Xhaka and Tierney are listed twice. Xhaka is still #1 and in place of Aubameyang below, while Tierney is #2 and in place of Bellerin.

I am unable to remove main and vice-captain from the drop down menu, rather keep existing or pick someone else.

Any ideas how to fix this issue?

AFAIK this is set at pre-season and can;t then be changed as default until the next. You usually get an email saying "Player X is not available so Player Y will take the armband today" and you get an option to select someone else then, but this is on a match to match basis.

If you are in pre-season and responding to the 'Select Captain for the season' email, then I'd report it as a bug.

Yes, I just started this save and I'm still in preseason, but if memory serves me right, I was able to change main captains tight of the bat in FM19 version.