Unable to download tactics, shortlists etc. Please help.

ST220

Reaction score
Hi just signed up to FM Base. i have been trying to download tatics, wonderkid shortlists etc but everytime i click on the download link, i get a UTorrent message that says "unable to load 'the download' invalid torrent file!"

does anyone with more knowledge of computers than me know how i can fix this problem?

i have downloaded tatics before and everything went smoothly but now i get the message instead.

Thanks for any help!

Make sure you Save the file. It sounds like you are trying to Open it and your computer thinks uTorrent is the right program for it.

It needs saving to the Tactics folder inside your User Data Folder which is usually... Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2011/tactics/

Thanks Sean. it doesn't give me the option to save.

when i click the download link, the download tab pops up on the bottom right. it only gives me the option of 'Open', 'Always open files of this type', and 'Show in folder'. when i click the download tab UTorrent opens straight away with the error message- Unable to load "the link" Invalid torrent file!

could it be something to do with the file types SLF and TAC?

Has anyone any idea how to fix this please?

Try this...

Right click on the Download Link and there should be a Save As option.

Thanks again Sean. if i right click on the download tab i only have the option to 'Open', 'Always open files of this type', and 'Show in folder'. I have attached a screen shot of this.
View attachment 194238

Don't right click the file you downloaded. Actually right click the button that says +Download. :)

Thanks again Sean. if i right click on the download tab i only have the option to 'Open', 'Always open files of this type', and 'Show in folder'. I have attached a screen shot of this.
View attachment 194238

You need to right click on the Download button like so...

Screen Shot 2011-09-02 at 19.05.49.png

Thanks!! I probably should have stressed in my 1st post how much of a noob i am! Just downloaded something no probs. Thanks again Sean and Lee. As Chris Tarrant would say, it's only easy if you know the answer.

Cheers!

No problem. Glad to help.