Unable to manage a nation!! Help!

• Thread starter FrankM
  • Start date
  • Replies 28
  • Views 4K
F

FrankM

Greetings everyone,

I am in my seventh season with FM 2006 and am at Boavista preparing for my third season and I got offered the role of national coach of Holland. Being from there and all, it would have been a nice option, thing is: there was no 'accept offer' or 'reject offer' button anywhere in the screen. WTF!?

I tried to load the game again: nothing
I tried to resign from Boavista thinking maybe this time it was somehow impossible to manage a nation and a club: nothing

I also checked a couple of patches out, but this problem wasn't listed, so does anyone know what to do? Please?

Regards and great thanks for the correct answer or your time,

Frank

Thats something Ive never come across before. Ive been offered national jobs 3 times and have accepted them all with no fuss. You say you looked at patches, but have you actually installed them?

A thank you. At last a reply.
I've installed the 6.0.2 patch, and this didn't yet do anything about it. Also, after dreadfully long searches, I've found that someone with the same problem had to install the patches and then start a new game to actually get to ever be manager of a nation. That would be pretty f-cked up a solution, obviously.

I'll look into patch 6.0.3 then now, maybe that does do the trick

No it didn't. Nothing has changed, still no 'accept offer' button. GODFOQKINGD*MNIT!

Anyone?

Think that if the bug isnt being sorted by the patches then the only way to solve it is to start a new game after youve installed the patches. Sorry :worried:

yeah, start again. 7 seasons of waste must hurt. Sometimes starting again gives you a better start, and you know already who and when to sign players and how to train them or what formations to use. I have never had problems becoming a national coach. You could also try starting a game just by choosing to coach the national team from the start.

you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game mate?

the reinstall might fix some missing files - make sure to back up the save game though!

ive never seen this before , have you got a dodgy skin - maybe the coding has made the button move or something i dunno - clutching at starws here!

if not looks like youll have to start again im afraid maybe that save game is corrupt or something

Thanks a lot. I'll try the reinstall thing. I've done that before, because when it was still CM there was always buckets of errors after about ten seasons and all.
By the way, I always play 4-3-3 with three central midfielders en three central strikers, never change the training schedules, only add one for strikers and/or defenders. Just thought I'd mention that. It always works (well, after a while that is)

Nothing
Nothing
Nothing
Nothing

These stupid errors are the only reason I ever stop playing these games for large periods of time.
I've tried everything, even the 'save game compatible' one, but f-ing nothing! This is so incredibly annoying, if I were rich I would buy a huge gun and shoot 200 bullets at the the exact place on the screen where it should say 'accept offer'

I'm guessing no one has a last shred of brilliance, but does anyone know how the 'save game compatible' patch actually works on a saved game? Because I encountered no difference whatsoever to the regular patch.

Are you playing in windowed mode? If so then the buttons might simply be just off the screen at the bottom of the page. Try putting it onto full screen and check.

No idea then, I've never came across this before. Sounds like a new game is going to be the only way to fix it.

This may sound daft but how about trying to apply for the job? It should bring up a slightly different job offer screen, then maybe the button will be there?
I sympathise with your frustration!!

Thanks for the sympathy. However, I have already tried to apply for the job, but the exact same thing happened. Apparantly the Dutch football association wants me pretty bad -offering the job twice and all-, but well, it will remain impossible so it seems. I'll just have to make due with leagues, half assed cups and champions leagues. I'll just change teams now every three seasons or so, to keep it interesting, because of course that's the main thing: sometimes when you're at a club for a long time it gets kind of boring so you take on a national team to keep things new.
Well, I guess this is it then. Thank you for your time and efforts (unless of course someone actually knows how to work a miracle).

Here's your miracle.(or not). Have you tried playing yourself as a different nationality, not dutch. Just try playing in a different league. ALSO TO STOP THE GAME FROM GETTING BORING AT THE SAME CLUB SEASON AFTER SEASON, MAKE UP A NEW USER ON TO THE SAME GAME,AND PICK YOUR TEAM AS THE DUTCH NATIONAL TEAM. This way your old game will keep playing, but constantly changing from your club coaching, to national coaching, you can even pick your own club teams players for country.

I am currently playing as my first team, Sydney FC, as a second user the Australian national team, and a third user as HONKA coach in the finnish leagues, and they all intertwine with each other,i could be making deals amongst those two clubs if i wanted to. It's the next best thing to actually getting requested to coach your national team "proply".

Is there the patch which makes you call up players for Holland. As they weren't allowed orignaly without the patches due to licenses. Maybe they won't allow you take the job because of that?

I'm pretty sure that was Germany and there is a file going round that changes it so real players get called up. If it was Netherlands too I never noticed :eek: .

Alright then, I might give the new user thingy a shot. Hadn't thought of that yet, but indeed I've done that before.
Thanks
For now I'll just continue with Boavista and when it gets boring I'll manage a nation as a new user. I think my problem is partly solved.

Alright, my added manager turned out European Champions with Holland. On the way even beating Italy 5-2. And winning twice on penalties (also against England). Nice.

Be that as it may, there is still a problem with the game. Certain buttons are still invisible. At the end af the third season at Boavista I got a new contract offer, and they had given me 'several budgets to choose from', however, I couldn't watch any of those budgets, because there was no button on the screen. No 'View Offer', most importantly. Pretty d^mn f#$ked up. Once again I could not offer a response.

Luckily they didn't fire me because of having no more contract after 30-06-2012, I am now just unpayed, which doesn't really make a huge difference, but still, the button not being there seems to be a reocurring problem, which could be well f*(ked up in the future. :worried:

Did you start this game before installing any patches?