Djibril Cisse

Reaction score
Same old sh**

A patch is out and your save is ruined. Every year the same sh**

I have a squad of 130 CA. Second favorite to my league, underdog in most Europe matches. No flaws on it. Every single player is descent in attributes required by position. For example my full backs have descent positioning and tackling and my attacking CM is good in defence atts as well.

Squad is designed for : 4231 deep or not, 41221, 442 with one creative striker.

I have four full backs
four CBs (tall kind)
four Wingers or IFs
four DM-CMs (two more creative)
two AMCs and two strikers.

Any good (dont want to win every single game, just a balanced descent solid tactic to count on) and consistent tactic out there? Unfortunatelly this game requires TIME, and time gets lesser as we grow up. And i dont have time to fight with SI's ridicullus ME changes every time.

Just a simple tactic that works descently in 15.2.1, and not the 7-4 kind of tactic. Solid at the back

In my experience, match prep, short assessment of opp. weakness and your own weakness will give you better results. I've never been a fan of plug and play tactics. If you have a basic understanding of tactic you can have more consistency when you take these things in consideration, and actually adjust.

In general I like to make sure my midfielders can cope with opp. midfield. For example against top teams, you should be willing to sacrifice attacking wings and central att. for stability in the middle.

After trying different tactical approaches I feel high tempo wide play is very good with the current ME. Powerful striker with good crossing support can grant very nice scoring output. Crossing from deep with the right players can also be good to avoid being destroyed by quick counter play.

Good luck!

My specific tactic is alternating between 4231, 451 and 4321. You will be able to quickly adapt the team because the tactics are very similar. And you can easily asess if you are the stronger team and thus deploy the correct risk or safety depending on the situation. Counter for stronger teams, control for equal teams and attacking for weaker teams is my general approach.

If you have a pacy defense you can push forward and the opposite if you have slow defense.

Making these calls are my favourite part of the game just ahead of buying players ^^ I find the game is very realistic, so approaching tactics like managers do in real life is a viable approach.

As a conclusion I would like to add that AI managers will easily counter your tactics if you go with the exact same tactics for a prolonged period. Sometimes springing a sudden change in tempo, passing style and/or team shape can give you a nice edge for a few matches until other teams you play learn your game again. All of this might seem very time consuming, but it is actually quite fluent and easy once you get into the habit.

Yeah your right dannycannonshow that was my problem I was playing the same tactic constantly and teams figuring me out. Had some good advice off people on here and made 3 different tactics and then just mix it up regularly. My results have been a lot better since ive been doing it there's some good guides on here by igneous and damien rice I think.