miljanristic

Reaction score
How is it possible that i manage Swansea and for 3 seasons and finished 4th, 3th and 2st, play Champions league final and lost from Real Madrid 2-1, won FA Cup...and after that i manage a few teams, like AS Monako, AC Milan, Leicester City and i always struggle, lose a lot of games, play simple terrible...can someone talk me what a **** is that

and i play football manager for 8 or 9 years, and i have never expereansed something like this

Your tactics have to match the players you have. No point trying to play football like Arsenal with a team like Stoke!

What nationality/reputation did you set your manager? Needless to say that will have a big effect.

There is alot of luck involved in this game, as there is in football. But once you get some it tends to be easier to get more. Generally speaking, you create your own luck, in the game and real life.

It is easier to manage clubs you already know about. Someone who support Brentford would find it easier to manage them then someone who supports Chelsea.

just because you have success at one club does not guarantee success at another. did you implement the same tactic across all saves or was it different ones and how long exactly was the save games

Is this when managing in different leagues or just different clubs, and do you change your fomation much? Different leagues, different styles etc. Some formations work better in different countries

i play with the similar formation but i change almost everything, just the position of the players on the fild is the same, i play 4-2-3-1, but in every save i use 3 diferent tacticks...this is the first time that this is hepening to me, i was always playing well, in the previous football managers, from 05 to 2012...always played with weaker teams, and did well and now i am geting pested of.
I am now playing with Leicester city in Championship, i only played about 15 games (do not count friendly games) and i am 15th...i have wellington nem, libor kozak and a few more good players, play with 2 LD, 1 WB and 1 FB in defence, BWM and AP in the midfield and 2 Wingers and AP up front with a Poacher in attack...direct passing, no closing down, no hard tackling because i do not have that good defenders

Ive used the Same tactic with Swansea and after i moved on I joined San Lorenzo with the same thing, they both work. It's a matter of having the players, and being able to use them correctly no point setting a DM if the guy is slow per se etc;

Looking at your formation and roles, I can see the flaw instantly. When using a 4231 with 2 MCs, you need to have at least one sitting deep, denying space an cutting angles etc. Here you use a AP, a really advanced player and a Ballwinner, a player that storms forward to close down anyone in his sight. I would personally use one CM on support and DLP/defend or the duties switched around ( CM/defend, DLP/support.

"no closing down, no hard tackling because i do not have that good defenders" you should always close down the oppositions players otherwise your are going to struggle to win the ball back.

i have BWM defend and usually DLP suport in the midfield...
i want to put tighter closing down, i like that very much, but my defenders are slow, and they can not get back in time if they get up to clos down