Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (E3 2011)

sat10

Reaction score
[video=youtube;A_bBm6mexxA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_bBm6mexxA[/video]

In a mere two games Uncharted’s protagonist, Nathan Drake, has become a household name with gamers, an icon of quality gameplay and the Indiana Jones that outdoes Indiana Jones. Naughty Dog’s creation is, quite simply, one of the industry’s major players and things look set to continue with the upcoming Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception.

Uncharted 2 garnered particular praise for the quality of its storytelling, the depth of its characters and the movie-like nature of the actor’s performances. Amy Hennig, creative director at Naughty Dog, has spoken many times about the freedom Sony afford the studio in allowing them to see their vision through to completion with minimal interference. It’s this freedom and history of quality narratives that sets our expectations for Uncharted 3 so high; essentially, this is one of those games that will disappoint unless it’s incredible. By incredible we mean pushing a 10/10.

It’s not just the plot and characters that we’re hoping to be impress by, however. Uncharted 3 is coming in full 3D, a technology that has been adopted with mixed success by a number of skilled development studios. There can be little doubt that the studio were ‘encouraged’ by Sony to include the feature as a way for them to further tout the validity of 3D TV sets but, no matter what the reasons behind the feature, this is Naughty Dog and whenever Naughty Dog are concerned we expect quality.
For many players, the biggest surprise with Uncharted 2 was the quality of its multiplayer component. A detailed levelling up and perk system, varied maps and satisfying weapons combined with the standard physics and mechanics present in the single player mode proved a massive success and helped keep the game out of bargain bins and off of eBay for much longer than most third-person adventure titles.

Naughty Dog look to be ramping things up to a new level with this new outing with new multiplayer features, both subtle and obvious. A ‘catch up speed’ system has been mentioned that aims to keep things interesting, even when one team is getting their ***** handed to them. ‘Uncharted TV’ streams user-uploaded video highlights to the lobby between rounds and a new buddy system provides duos within a team to earn extra XP by working together and gives you the option to spawn beside one another after each death.

With a charismatic hero, a talented development team and a publisher with faith in the IP there’s no reason to doubt that Uncharted 3 will prove another success for all involved. And I haven’t even mentioned the visuals… boy, they look nice.

Source:
http://http://www.incgamers.com/Features/387/e3-2011-must-see-uncharted-3-drakes-deception

Last edited:
Ive got a ps3 but rarely play it. Had it over a year with Killzone 2 Resistance 2 and Imfamous but never go on it. Maybe once I do get through them, Ill give Uncharted a go. Heard good things about the games.

I can't wait for it!! Never thought a game would replace Jax and Daxter for me, but Uncharted is simply awesome!!!! played Uncharted 2 for 6 straight hours!!!

Will be playing this. Whether I actually make the purchase, I'm not sure.

I won't be getting this. Uncharted 2 was a disappointment.

I don't buy games often at all these days. Don't have the money or the time. However think it's safe to say I will find enough of them both for this.