Dust_

Reaction score
Good morning!

Well, I'm trying to create a tactic that is completly different from the formations we are used to see. I tried playing with 3 central defenders but that doesn't quite work with the current match engine so I think I've come pretty close to a good tactic! Mind you, I'ts not a diablo, not even by far, so please try to be creative about your reply's =)

Here's the formation:
tactic.jpg

As you can see, at first glance it looks a lot attacking... I won't be kidding you, IT IS. And, as such, it will leak goals.

Now a bit about the tactic: It is a 2-5-3 but it acts as a 4-3-3 in defense. The midfielders are more of a wing back type of players, pushing from the back to get a pass up front.

The key for the formation is the middle of the pitch. Getting that part crowded (with a DMC, a MC and a AMC) does a pretty good job in having a lot of construction opportunities and shots on target (it doesn't hurt that you have 3 strikers too).

About the players: They are your standard type for each position but I will try to say some details I think are worth mentioning.

ML/R: Retrain your DL/R to this position. As I said earlier, they act more like defenders than wingers, and, as such, you need them to break the attack more often than not. A wonderfull example would be my Fabio Coentrão =)

STRIKERS : I'm not quite sure how to set up the three strikers but this is as far as I've come. 1 poacher, 1 target man and 1 deep lying. this gives plenty of targets up front so that the balls always on that side of the pitch.

The other players are your normal DC, DMC, MC, AMC, with no special attribute requirement that I know off.

Lastly, I'll leave you with some screenies of my results so far, wich have been really good

I've only tested with Benfica, a strong team that figths for the championship everyday. I don't know how this will translate to other teams (weaker teams or stronger leagues).

Fixture of this season:
fixtureswin.jpg

league table this season:
20112012.jpg

Fixtures last season: (I don't win them all as you can see)
fixtureschampions.jpg

My pride and joy (last years league table):
20102011.jpg

Here are some screenies of match stats:
Against weaker teams:
low2r.jpg

lowc.jpg

Against a average team:
mediumm.jpg

Agains strong teams:
strong.jpg

strong2.jpg

SO, I wanted you to see if this is just a tactic I designed for my club or if it can translate in good results in other leagues aswell. The tactic is open to criticism so feel free to say what can be changed!!!

PS: HAVE FUN! This is just a game =)

Tactic link:
Dust_'s 2-5-3.tac

Last edited:
undefeated you lost a game?? :p

you tired it on any other leagues??

what your possession like? clear cut chances etc??

Last edited:
Well... I was talking about last season!!! and I lost agains Man Utd and Chelsea first season, but I finished last season's league with 30 games, 23 wins a 7 draws, not one lost! I'll post a pic with some match stats

it shows you lost one game after 9 league games!

Sigh, he meant the season before, an undefeated league season is some pretty good work.

Looks an interesting formation, will be interested to read the feedback on it.

Geezz, you guys are picky!!! well... for the sake of staying on topic, I'll change the topic to "DEFEATED 2-5-3" so that you guys give me a break!!!(H)

PS: Can't seem to find the editing thread/topic button, so it will stay undefeated.

ONCE AND FOR ALL- 2010/2011 league finished with 30p 23w 7d 0l... that is what undefeated means... (A)

Last edited:
Thats why I love this forum, see some strannge formations alright. Looks interesting. May try recreate something like it for my own use. Obviously a very attacking tactic with only 2 Defenders :)

Very impressive to defeat Bayern by four goals. Looks a very good tactic indeed. Results are great too.

Good work.

Thats why I love this forum, see some strannge formations alright. Looks interesting. May try recreate something like it for my own use. Obviously a very attacking tactic with only 2 Defenders :)

It's more 4 defenders, the Midfielders tend to do that job when the team doesn't have the ball. The only difference is that they roam forward a lot more than normal fullbacks. I played with a top of the league team, in a none very competitive league, so most of the time I could afford to have only 2 defenders plus the DMC in the back. Dunno how it will fare on other teams.

PLEASE give time to become "FLUID" as it is a strange formation, it will take some time to start working properly

it will be a nice name for this tactic: DEFEATED 2-5-3

LMAO.

I think ****** is the more appropriate word.

LOL

Lost with my Lyon against Montpellier 6:1, against Lorient 3:0, and against OM 9:2.

BIGGEST **** ever.

I'm not a fortune teller but I'm guessing you played it rigth off the batt and didn't even way 1 or 2 months for the tactic to be fluid...