Lempriere

Reaction score
I know this problem has come up before but i couldn't see it resolved anywhere. So seriously, where in christ's name are all the U18 coaches in this accursed game? I'm currently in my 3rd season with Crystal Palace, i've got great coaches for my first team but i've managed to hire only a Head Of Youth Development for my U18's. Literally nobody besides the lowliest coaches from FC Shitetown will even consider a contract for an U18 Coach. I can't even hire an U18 Manager. I know teenagers can be painful and infuriating, but this is ridiculous. Now all my youth players are getting a *** deal because their training is pretty much solely coming from like three guys, who clearly aren't getting paid enough.

Somebody tell me a way out of this mess, please

I have had no problem getting normal coaches to accept contracts as U-18 coaches.

At first I had the same problem - I couldn't find any U18 coaches and when I tried to offer U18 contracts to coaches it showed on the screen that they had no interest... - then I started to pay them more and that did the trick for me - if a coach says he wants £2.000 a week for a coach role then try to offer him a U18 role and offer him £5.000 a week - suddently you will see he accepts your offer. Not ideal money wise, but you will get the coaches you need.

One other thing I discovered - Fitness coaches and Goal Keeping coaches can train both first team and U18 team, so you don't have to get U18 coaches for those positions - just focus on the Tactics, Defending, Attacking, Ball Control and Shooting.

I hope it work for you :)

No need to brag, TheBetterHalf, and thanks mama99ai but regretfully i've already tried that. Which leads me on to my second gripe, i.e. that the wages my board will let me offer to U18 coaches are pretty pathetic -- and even after getting them to agree to increase spending on junior coaching, and adjusting my budget so that it's wage-heavy, the wages available for U18 coaches is still nowhere near enough to pay someone double what they want just to get them interested in the youth team. I've basically ended up shoving my promising youngsters into the reserves rather than the youth team just so they get decent coaching in all areas.

No need to brag, TheBetterHalf, and thanks mama99ai but regretfully i've already tried that. Which leads me on to my second gripe, i.e. that the wages my board will let me offer to U18 coaches are pretty pathetic -- and even after getting them to agree to increase spending on junior coaching, and adjusting my budget so that it's wage-heavy, the wages available for U18 coaches is still nowhere near enough to pay someone double what they want just to get them interested in the youth team. I've basically ended up shoving my promising youngsters into the reserves rather than the youth team just so they get decent coaching in all areas.

That solves the problem :)

I play with Chelsea and money is not a problem, I can offer some coaches up to £30.000 a week - that is normally enough for coaches to accept a U18 position.

Jeez, I can barely scrape together £3k a week for U18 coaches. OK, well I guess that explains it; kind of annoying though there is pretty much no market for dedicated U18 coaches and you just have to resign yourself to being extorted by regular coaches all the time.

Eh, I was not bragging. I just stated that my clubs have never had any problems having normal coaches accepting roles for the U-18 teams. Naturall, this is with clubs that puts in an effort in the youth program.

I wrote this because it was not clear if you actually offered contracts to normal coaches or if you where only looking at those already contracted to other U-18 squads.

Last edited: