Reaction score
Hey guys i am playing in the spl as celtic. Went to play a game against hearts and it said i have to field 3 under 21 players which is fine. So eventually had to play a couple of reserves. Then checked the hearts line up and every player in their outfield were over 21. Yet it said i had to have three outfield players under 21 in my team. Am i reading this wrong or is this a glitch thanks

You need 3 under 21s in your match squad...so you don't need to start them,just bench them

yeah just had a dumb moment realised after i made the thread will get it closed thanks though

Such a good rule. I love having it on FM, and no sarcasm involved in this post. :)

Really?

I personally don't see the point in the rule :S

I like to involve as much youth as I can and this rule further forces you too. If you don't, your going in with a disadvantage tbh. :S

Really?

I personally don't see the point in the rule :S

It's to encourage teams to involve younger players in their squads, therefore developing players quicker through first team experience. I think it's a great rule to be honest.

Fair enough in FM it works (as everyone builds for the future), but in real life it is kinda silly rule

Fair enough in FM it works (as everyone builds for the future), but in real life it is kinda silly rule

Not really. I'd rather Hearts, Rangers and Celtic etc used their academy players or in general, youngsters, rather than sign players such as Nade and Kyle Lafferty.

If it wasn't for that rule you wouldn't see any of the good young players coming through at Rangers right now..

If it wasn't for that rule you wouldn't see any of the good young players coming through at Rangers right now..

Not true..

the rule wastes talent, the old firm are forced to put 3 kids on the bench who really have no chance on getting on the pitch (as there are more expeirenced players sitting beside them) therefore these kids get very little game time so the talents don't get shown

Not true..

the rule wastes talent, the old firm are forced to put 3 kids on the bench who really have no chance on getting on the pitch (as there are more expeirenced players sitting beside them) therefore these kids get very little game time so the talents don't get shown

But then I could counter that and say that 3 of these youngsters are keeping 3 (possible) experianced players out of the team completely, which gives them a greater chance of playing. If you see what I mean? :S

To be fair Rangers dont really have a choice just now with the size of the squad and lack of investment.

It may work with the clubs outside the old firm but with celtic you mainly just get 3 u21's on the bench who never get a game anyway. A better option maybe to make it at least 1 or 2 in the starting 11.

Gone are the days of Rangers spending spree's and I welcome that I watched **** Advicate spend a lot of cash back in the day! Think f it this way the more opportunities youngsters get to play th better for the Scottish national team in the long run.

I'm gonna high jack this thread for a second and ask you SPL players to check out this thread and see if you have noticed the same thing or have any advice.

Good Pre-Season then Booom.