Under 21 Training - Anyway to separate from first team?

craiigman

Reaction score
I currently have 15 players unhappy with training, all from the Under 21 squad and all because the work load is too high. The first team are happy/content with the current work load.

In most teams, in the premier league anyway, it's not often that the under 21 squad will train with the first team all season. At Arsenal I know for a fact they don't train together. Yes often a few train with the first team every now and then, but again it's not all the time. I think if anything it would be better to link the under 21 and under 18 training since they should all be young players.

Anyone else agree with this? I could understand when it was the reserve team, but now it's the under 21 team the training should be separate.

here's what I meant:

I am not sure if this is an England specific problem, but since not all leagues have First team, under 21, and under 18 squads it may be. If it's not please point me in the best place to post this. I had this issue last year as well. It's in regards to training. Since the first team and the under 21's share the same training I often have this happen:

Note the happiness:

KhEPFYt.png

All the players that are happy are the under 18's, the unhappy are all under 21's and the content is the first team/a few others. All the unhappy players are unhappy due to the high work load. But since they are in the under 21 squad I can't lower their workload as they aren't even on individual training.

Here's the screen:

Hs6DQ7L.png

And here is the under 21 team training screen:

5eQLdMa.png

They have their own match preparation training, but not general training. The general training is linked to the first team.

My first team training at the moment:

UCImzbg.png

So while my training won't be that high all season, since I'm still in preseason. Even when on last year I had it set to average and allow more rests when adding individual training to the under 21 players they again become unhappy with being worked too hard.

I had trouble with it last year and it's the same again this year. Under 21's should not be trained the same as the senior team. In real life they don't train together. Yes every now and again players do join in for training with the senior team. But it would be much better if the under 21 squad was linked with the under 18 squad for training.

Under 18's have their own training:

9HeoZMQ.png