"Under-pressure manager"

Shaymen

Reaction score
I'm at the start of my 2nd season with Atletico Madrid, having won the Copa del Rey, Euro Cup and finished 4th in league thus securing Champions League participation. So far this season, in October, I'm 4th in the league, looking like I should qualify for knockout stages in Champions League, yet described as "under-pressure" manager. I can't work it out. Anyone else had this when doing well at a club?

Yeah i had this when i was managing with wolves, i won the premiership and fa cup and a couple of weeks into the season my descritpion was also under-pressure manager.

The only thing i could come up wit was a couple of players were unsettled because they were unhappy with the lack of managerial discipline. Other than that im still confused as to why i was under pressure :(

Hope iv helped :p

i love looking at my profile page at the start of every season and find myself very cofused afterwards. after taking man city to their first title in so many years, followed a season later winning the champions league and personally becoming rated a world class manager, i start every season as an under pressure manager.
im guessing this may have something to do with meeting fans and boards expectations, thankfully i have never put a foot wrong.....yet lol

ive got the same thing took over newcastle at 20th position then finished 14th next season i came 2nd i dont know if it means under pressure to live up to the same expectations as the last season

I think alot of it is down to wether you meet the expectations set upon you by your chairman, if you always hit the expectation I don't think they can complain too much. But I also think that if your in charge of a big club, such as Man U or Chelsea, I also think the board will look at the signings you make.

If you check under confidence - you will see there is a confidence bar for transfers. I think that big clubs will expect you to bring big name players to the club. Also, as Hugh says, squad harmony will effect it too. Take this for example, I won every compitition available for 3 years straight, then some of my players were happy about lack of first team football and my status when straight down to under pressure.

Its very odd how it all works to be honest.

im described as a popular manager :)
i don't why, no matter how much i insult Arsene Wenger he still feels we could become friends :O

also i never understand why is it that some players in my squad find it hard to motivate themselves for a manager of my standing? when i have a world class reputation

Iv won back to back Italian league titles, the champions league & the italian cup and im described as this.

I always insult Rafa Benitez and his players get unhappy as they feel hes being targeted by other managers lol
I've also learnt you cant beat Mourinho in the battle of the words, no matter what i say he responds with a better comment so i just give up.