cragswfc

Reaction score
I made changes to Chrissy Dude tactic what he made for 14.2 as it was not working for me on 14.3, so i thought its not a million miles away.

I listened to a Tim Sherwood interview where he said he wants midfields to defend and attack I put a defensive forward as defend as most teams now play with a defensive midfielder so the idea was for him to drop on to him and pressure him.

I pulled the wingers further back to help the full backs

I use same as Chrissy Dude What he posted

Match Preparation/training/Opposition Instructions/team talks
I have the players training high intensity in order to learn tactics only. This is so the tactic becomes fluid as soon as possible. Thereafter, I have the players focusing on defensive positioning.
I use no opposition instructions.
When selecting the team, my only advice is select fit players. No one under 95% should be selected.
I'm loath to go into team talks etc, as that's mainly "how you play the game" and i'm not one for destroying or dictating folks individual experience. I expect a win assertively at the start or tell them to enjoy. If I am not 3 goals goal I tell them aggressively I expect something better in the second half. If they are 3 goals up I tell them passionately I am happy with what they are doing and to keep it up.
VZ9IISt.png

xhpR7uk.png
Team Instructions
These are listed below. They are chosen to fit the ethos I have outlined I want the team to commit to. The whole tactic is about compressing the space the opposition have to work in. Hence the high offside line and hassling opponents, coupled with the player roles.
I have chosen an attacking mentality as I expect my defensively minded players to win the ball high up the pitch, therefore as soon as they are in possession, I want them to attack. Its the only way to get round the conflicting player roles I have assigned. If I have a counter or defensive or even a standard mentality, the players seem to be more passive when in possession.
5ptcc0a.png

8Zbqg3u.png

My results

Formation

Player Fillters

Last edited:
Not had a chance to look at 14.3 .

The .M.E. updates all favour this tactic's premise though.

Will have a new version out tonight.

All the match engine changes basically suit the ethos. I think making a tactic for this M.E. will be shooting fish in a barrel with the pressure concept.

Trying this out with Tottenham mate. Looks outstanding if i'm honest with you. First game of the season I beat Arsenal 2-1 away at the Emirates. 2 goals from Adebayor(Seems like his physical attributes have been significantly buffed) and Dembele (his tackling especially seems to have improved in the update) had a fantastic game as Defensive Midfielder.
Thanks for the tactic mate.

Crag at least you credit me with the initial idea dude. Keep up the good work. Amended the Pressure tactic and its on the 14.2 thread dude, go have a look.

Only 7 games into the season but still i'm playing immense football with this tactic. View attachment 413336
Just beat Man city 4-0 at the Etihad. Adebayor has scored 10 goals in 10 appearances and Saldado has scored 4 in 6.
Also I made no transfers this first half of the season View attachment 413334
Thanks for the tactic mate.