CreepingDeath

Reaction score
I searched for this and didn't find a thread so here goes.

Is there anyway of curing the underachieving mentality in players. I am sitting mid table, 7 points off top with 3 games in hand because of European commitments.

Some of my players said they felt the club was underachieving, first off I said I had no concerns and then they got all defensive and said I was in denial about my management skills and other players fail to see how we can turn things around at the moment. This is making the squad morale fall at a vital point of the season.

Easy answer? WINNING CURES ALL. What is the media prediction for your team? If you're expected to come top 3 and you're sitting mid table then you are under achieving.

Media prediction 5th, league is wide open but your missing the point. I am 7 points off top place with 3 games in hand and on a big winning streak and doing well in Europe. We aren't underachieving.

I can be a vengeful f*cker of a manger, think it was the fourth season of my derby save where a few of my players told me the same thing after a string of losses. Tactics got changed and the wins came back...

Then at the end of the season I sold all the whingers who had lost faith.

It doesn't matter if you have games in hand or not. It's where you sit on the table right now that matters. You can just as easily lose those games in hand