Pazma

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm newly promoted to the Premiership with Burnley and I think my team is under-performing despite having a respectable league position. Most games the opposition have a lot of shots against us, roughly 15 to 20 a game, sometimes more and we're seriously short of goals scored. We'd most likely be bottom of the league if our opposition had been more clinical in front of goal. Here's a screenshot of my squad:

View attachment 218716

And here's the tactic I've mostly been using:

View attachment 218717

I've tried other tactics but they only seem to be worse to be honest. I've tried playing with one striker and an anchor man to help the defense but it doesn't seem to help with the amount of chances teams get against us. I played a similar tactic last season in the Championship to the one shown above (4-4-2) and won the league and FA Cup with it so to go from that success to being slaughtered by Stoke, but winning 1-0 somehow, has me stumped. I really need some help before the other teams start finding the net against us.

For any other info just ask. Thanks in advance lads.

Have à look in My tactic thread ( sticky in the tactic forum) and especially at the Italian 4312 tactic. Here, consider what would happen if you played some cautious, like the Balanced approach( including the shouts) or the Cautious Counter ( again, including the shouts) As you play now, you loose out in possession to Quick.