SamInnes123

Reaction score
Was wanting to know what people think is an Underrated league on FM 14. I've tried many leagues and for me I most enjoyed the Swiss league with Young Boys or the Belgian league with Standard Leige. Europe has many strong leagues but also many leagues that offer a fun challange! Wanted to hear other peoples adventures in obscure leagues:)

I can personally recommend the Chilean and Colombian leagues if you're feeling adventurous, as they usually produce a lot of very cheap talent. Once you've negotiated the ridiculously complex domestic league and cups, your main challenge is to get decent results against the vastly superior Brazilian and Argentinian teams in continental competition.

Having done this, and provided your international profile is sufficiently high, load up some European leagues and try to make your name there. I went from America de Cali to Atletico Nacional in Colombia, to Banfield in Argentina, to SV Ried and ultimately Red Bull Salzburg, both in Austria.

Such a journey requires you to constantly reassess your view of the game and your philosophies, as a style of play effective in Colombia might not be as effective in Austria.

All in all, I would really recommend such a career path. Fifteen in-game years from when I started the save, I look back at the teams I used to manage and see what sort of a state I left them in. A save such as this demands that you be considerate to the club during your stay and ultimately during your departure. Clubs that you milk for instant success might have the house of cards collapse in on themselves when you leave, while smaller clubs for which you lay strong foundations will continue to prosper long after you're gone.

I have enjoyed the Chinese league a lot as the league is very competitive but also has the big money teams who try to dominate the league. With the restrictions on the number of foreign players you also have to focus on promoting youth through.

South America is so complex and there is so much competitions! The structures of the leagues are difficult to understand which I why I mainly like to stay in Europe! I did an independiente save since they are in the 2nd division in Argentina and I thought it was pretty easy, won the Sudamericana after 4 years. Never tried Colombia as I'm not familier with the teams. Maybe a save I need to try!