Understanding marking systems - help please

gunnerjames

Reaction score
Could one of the tactical express help me with setting up my midfield in regards to specific marking. I am currently playing a 451/433 system with a DMC - Defensive
Midfielder Defend, DLP - support and advance playmaker - attack. I have read that other people set up the DMC to loose zonal marking but I have no idea how to do this. Could someone help me with how to set this up in the players tactical instructions. Also what marking instructions would be best for the other two central midfielders. My back four are Oall set to zonal marking. The full backs and the center backs are not set to tight marking. My wingers are set to specific man mark the other teams full back and they are set to tight marking. The full backs are set to close down in their own half but the wingers are set to close down whole pitch. I do not know what would be the best closing down instructions to give to my central midfielders. I am playing fluid/control and my team is set to press more. I have not increased the defensive line is set to about 13 on the tactical slider settings. Currently my two other central midfielders are set to man mark and tight, they also have closing down whole pitch as set up by the Tactic Creator. Guys I really need some help so please come to my rescue

In the tactics setup there is an option to select marking, along with passing mentality etc. You then select either zonal or man marking. Then there is the section to select tight marking...either select yes or no. When you're at the match screen you can then choose a player to mark a specific opposition player, if you so choose