Shadow442

Reaction score
Hi all,

I started a save with no badges, Sunday league experience & unemployed, around October I got a job with Eastleigh in Vanarama national. When I took over they were 4th off bottom & now I've took them 5 off the top with 9 wins in a row. I'm on 37 points and top is on 44. First time I've done a save like this as I thought it would be hard not knowing the players and worrying my tactics will be to complicated. So far it seems easy but I know it will change.
So I'm wondering everyone doing a save like this how have you been doing? were do you look for players? will you stay with the same club or try get a better job?

Last edited:
Personally I like to do this kind of save journeyman style. Start at the bottom and build reputation in different competitions. I try 3 seasons max at a club and mix up different nations.

Try finding a lower league patch for teams below conference that will provide more of a challenge

Try the pentagon challenge
I'm going for my third champions league after winning the african champs league and the north american one

i started playing like this on FM 15 with no badges and took Paris FC to a higher rep that PSG.

on FM 16 i thought that i whould start as unemplyed and with no badges and sunday league exp.
a tip here is that badges will get you job offers higher up which will give you better experience, so my thoughts were to always be traning for a new badge, if the board dident allow me to study and my team whouldnt be promoted i whould switch league/country.

my season:

Werder Bremen II(got 2 badges and won the league but this team isent allowed to go up in the divisons.)
Burton(english league 2, 1 badge, got Prompted to League 1)
Sunderland(League 1)
Leeds(Championship, got 2 badges i believe, got Promoted to Premier league, had a final very bad season, sacked)
Osasouna(BBVA, got badge, but never liked the spanish league due to never beeing able to catch up money-wise with madrid or barca.)
Sassoulo(Serie A, Final badges, went really well but Inter handed me a job offer which i couldnt refuse.)
Inter(Serie A, currently building a strong squad trying to catch up to the top teams in order to win the champions league.)

Currently in the year 2030, looking for a nice National team for the championships in 2032 and 2034. i will only leave Inter if Liverpool asks me, altho they are going pretty strong now. Man Utd almost got demoted to championship and Newcastle is the champions of England and Champions league, Newcastle is also the club with the current best rep and the most money.

I always start games unemployed. Find it more fun and realistic that way. I get bored of England quick though so tend to start abroad.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk