MutantW

Reaction score
Welcome to my Football Manager

2017 unemployed journey!

I hope you stick around and enjoy the save as I go from a nobody, to a legend of the beautiful game.

View attachment 95327
My manager, quite obviously, wasn't looking great. Time to change that!

View attachment 95323
I applied for every job that was out there, turns out, I'm quite popular among chairmen!

I got contract offers from FC Höllviken, Eastleigh and Fana Fotball, while Fana Fotball had a great name and I was very tempted to pick them, they were 10 points away from being out of relegation 13 games in, so that was a NOPE! I ended up going with Eastleigh, the biggest club out of all the offers I got.
View attachment 95322

View attachment 95321My contract looked like this, not bad for a first job!

FR

EASTLEIGH 3-1 EASTLEIGH UNDER 23'S

Matthews (9)
Caddis (20)
Cresswell (39)

Easy win, as expected vs our U23 side. 57% poss. for us and we had 14 shots to their 5. Nothing massive though.

Last edited:
FR

EASTLEIGH
0-0
AFC WIMBLEDON

A game in which we were dominated, ended as a boring 0-0. How exciting.

Last edited:
View attachment 1114600
We made our first signing of the story, being Kundai Benyu from Ipswich! Looks like a useful player, brought him in for a tidy fee of £190k.

View attachment 1114602
Our second signing being Danny Rowe from AFC Fylde, for £19.5k. A bit less money spent on this, but still a quality player, and he will be playing most matches this season as long as he can stay fit and find some form.

FR

DARTFORD 2-1 EASTLEIGH

Rowe (19)

To be honest, quite an even game, we had 51% poss. and 8 shots to their 9. We can feel a bit hard done by to lose there. Good for Danny Rowe to get a debut goal though!

Last edited:
FR

EASTLEIGH 1-2 PORT VALE

Benyu (64)

They had double our shots, 50/50 possesion. Not a bad game, expected to lose, but we put up a reasonable fight.

Vanarama National

EASTLEIGH 1-0 GUISELEY

Caddis (36)

We had similar amounts of shots but we dominated possession (due to our quick pass Pep Guardiola-like play). Caddis made an outstanding run and Danny Rowe spotted him for the through ball! Good win!

Vanarama National

BRAINTREE 0-2 EASTLEIGH

Rowe (77)
Stearn (81)

What a game! We had 56% possession and double their shots, our first goal was a low cut pass across the box and Rowe tapped it in to the open net. Our second goal came from a counter-attack switch across the pitch, which fell to Stearn, who finished it into the corner.

Vanarama National

TRANMERE 0-2 EASTLEIGH

Benyu (14)
Togwell (pen 44)

A shock win for Eastleigh! Pundits predicted a draw, betting companies made Tranmere favourites, and we came out on top! First goal was from just outside the box, tidy finish from Benyu, second goal was a penalty converted by Togwell. Not sure if it was a deserved penalty, but I'll take it!

Vanarama National

EASTLEIGH 1-1 DOVER

Matthews (26)

Frustrating match as we cannot take the lead in a big game we dominate, we are now down to 3rd, but we're still unbeaten. Our goal was basically a gift to them after Reda Johnson passed the ball to their forward in the box.

Last edited:
I think I'll take a break for a bit, this is taking longer than expected, I'd probably already be about 10-15 games in by now haha! Loving updating this though, I'm not stopping lol :)

Vanarama National

WREXHAM 0-0 EASTLEIGH

Right, I'm taking a break again! I'm kidding! Frustrating 0-0, quite an even game as you would expect, I'm happy not to have lost considering how high Wrexham normally go on FM17. Hopefully we can get the extra goal next time!

Vanarama National

EASTLEIGH 3-1 SOLIHULL MOORS

Benyu (8, 15)
Caddis (42)

Great game! Solihull may be bottom of the league but it was quite refreshing to score so many in a game. Solihull were all over the place for the first goal as Henderson put a low pass across the box for Benyu to tap into the open net. The second goal was a counter attack from a corner, though their defender caught up with Benyu, he noticed this and shot, it went into the bottom left corner. The third goal was a cross from Leacock-MacLeod
which Caddis met with a volley into the top right corner. Good show from the boys!

Basically, this is taking a while, so I'm going to simulate through for a month, then write a report for all games, then continue that for the rest of the season, and cut down on the information on the matches, I'll start next in-game month.