jayuhguy

Reaction score
Hey,

One of my key players is unhappy and demanding to leave, is there anything I can do to keep him?

I have two good strikers and rotated between them, but one of them complained about game time. The other was a better goalscorer so although I increased the complainer's game time there were still games I didn't want to risk playing him and he then complained I didn't keep my promise. Fast forward to the transfer window and after a couple of bids on him, his agent demands a pay rise. Negotiations broke down a couple of times and the player then came to me to complain that I keep breaking promises and he doesn't respect me or want to work with me.

He demanded to leave, and I replied to say that I need to keep him until the summer (the other striker broke his ankle), and he said he was happy with that. However, his morale is Abysmal and his performances have been rubbish - he's setting up a few goals but only scores against really weak teams.

Is there any way I can make him happy and convince him to stay?

"time heals all wounds" :p He won’' be "unhappy" for eternity, after some time he'll forget the "insults" ;) Just give it some time, it might take few months

Is there any way I can make him happy and convince him to stay?

I think when your team is doing well; winning a lot and the morale of the team is good then those players in your team that are "unhappy" for some reasons should become "happy" again much faster.

Yeah in all honesty just keep playing if he's tied down for a few years it's a non issue, most players change their mind especially if you're winning trophies.

I tend to put the unhappy players on as a late substitute in a won game. After a while he gets the morale up, because of the won games and post-match comments.

I've had players demand to leave for more game time, where I have refused to let them leave, so obviously they're unhappy. Then they get 2 starts out of the next 4 or 5 and they drop their concerns. A few also became happy again when the interested clubs at the time dropped their interest, leaving them without clear options.

I've had players demand to leave for more game time, where I have refused to let them leave, so obviously they're unhappy. Then they get 2 starts out of the next 4 or 5 and they drop their concerns. A few also became happy again when the interested clubs at the time dropped their interest, leaving them without clear options.

2 starts in 4 or 5 game...What is wrong with Ryan Mason?... I did start Ryan Mason 3 or 4 time in a row and after those games he was still unhappy and now I gave up and got decent offer from Swansea so just what ever but still how 2 starts was enough...

2 starts in 4 or 5 game...What is wrong with Ryan Mason?... I did start Ryan Mason 3 or 4 time in a row and after those games he was still unhappy and now I gave up and got decent offer from Swansea so just what ever but still how 2 starts was enough...
Did you promise him a run in the first team?

It may well also depend on a player's personality.

Let him play in a friendly with very weak team for big win and his morale should increase too.

Did you promise him a run in the first team?

It may well also depend on a player's personality.

yes I did and he come often in for last 20 min cause I want keep Eriksen fresh for almost every game. So I guess that is then his personality

yes I did and he come often in for last 20 min cause I want keep Eriksen fresh for almost every game. So I guess that is then his personality
This is a different situation to mine then??

I'm not sure but when you changes the team status of some players to "Rotation" then it looks like these players complain less that don’t have enough first team football.

Send him out on loan with recall back option activated and recall him the very next day. Works like a charm. It's kind of cheating, but I don't care since players complain more than enough for everything. And that's not realistic at all.

Unsere Mill

Hey guys, same issue with me. My player is unhappy because I turned down his request of a doubling of salary with 3 years left on contract (he was already on 7m europe year, but then PSG came sniffing).

Faat at forward one year, and I have won 5 trophies with Stockport (including League, CL). It is my 16th season at the club.

He STILL wants to leave. I played him as a starter last year, as he's one of the way players in the world, despite his abysmal morale. I absolutely don't want him to go as he's one of my favorite players, and that too one I developed myself.

Usually this gets resolved in a few months, but 12 months later and he's still unhappy? My club is all the most reputed in world football right now.

Also, PSG's interest has stayed at "minor" for a whole year- no bid or anytbing- just so that my player doesn't get settled again. It's such a pain. Maybe it's a bug? Will
he ever get happy!?