Unhappy players and squad unrest

boyschewlego

Reaction score
Anyone having problems with players that are not playing as much demanding more game time? Sometimes really unreasonably. When you put your foot down you make them unhappy and end up with a load of his teammates sticking up for him. You put your foot down and they become unhappy. It's really difficult to keep players happy on this, and the teammates sticking up for them is pretty unrealistic. I know that player power has increased over the years but this is ridiculous and you'd never get players dictating to managers that they should pick their mate (at least not with any success). Is anyone else experiencing similar problems? I've already sorted out squad statuses and you've even got rotation players demanding to play, and it's not like I'm not playing them. It's a bit of a joke.

Anyone having problems with players that are not playing as much demanding more game time? Sometimes really unreasonably. When you put your foot down you make them unhappy and end up with a load of his teammates sticking up for him. You put your foot down and they become unhappy. It's really difficult to keep players happy on this, and the teammates sticking up for them is pretty unrealistic. I know that player power has increased over the years but this is ridiculous and you'd never get players dictating to managers that they should pick their mate (at least not with any success). Is anyone else experiencing similar problems? I've already sorted out squad statuses and you've even got rotation players demanding to play, and it's not like I'm not playing them. It's a bit of a joke.

1 - Check the actual reason they're complaining. Sometimes you're clearly told that the player wants first team football, but he realises he's probably not good enough.

2 - I have had plenty of these meetings and every time I am able to get the squad on my side, with only players who are already unhappy not siding with me.

3 - What do you mean you "sorted out" squad statuses? Did you just manually go and change them? Because that will not do anything.

4 - The Rotation player, is this a contract that was offered to him as a Rotation player or did you manually change it? How much ARE you playing him? Did you maybe drop him for the last 5 matches or something?

this is a joke this year, I am now getting players moaning even though they have played more than anyone else, just cos they not played for a game or 2, ive have half the squad moaning, worse than last couple of years

It does seem more prevalent in this iteration, since Dynamics became a big part of the game.

In response to WJ though, squad status is everything when it comes to expected playing time.

Key Players expect to start around 60% of games - much fewer than that they will complain.
First Teamers around 50%
Rotation around 40%
etc.
You can cause yourself problems if you change them mid-season. Best time I've found, is to change them early July - at the very least during pre-season - otherwise they will complain about the change in status.

A Key Player being dropped for two consecutive games will complain if his personality is such, Professional players would probably give you a another game or two to pay them before complaining.

It does seem more prevalent in this iteration, since Dynamics became a big part of the game.

In response to WJ though, squad status is everything when it comes to expected playing time.

Key Players expect to start around 60% of games - much fewer than that they will complain.
First Teamers around 50%
Rotation around 40%
etc.
You can cause yourself problems if you change them mid-season. Best time I've found, is to change them early July - at the very least during pre-season - otherwise they will complain about the change in status.

A Key Player being dropped for two consecutive games will complain if his personality is such, Professional players would probably give you a another game or two to pay them before complaining.
Players look at the last 5+ matches, so they won't suddenly complain after 2 matches. I would up your percentages too, a little. In general though, as you say, squad status is important.

I agree with the OP! Bad morale spirals out of control way too easily. One poorly handled situation/team talk leads some bad morale that leads to bad result(s) that again leads to even lower morale... And then you're basically screwed! No way to correct that. I some what understand this in the beginning when your not that well established manager. But even when you have overachieved for a few seasons and maybe won some silverware the players still take the side of the whiner. And youth player whine about not getting into the first team or a loan move more than ever!

I’ve found this really irritating, plus it’s difficult when you inherit a side overloaded with players in the same position!

Player chats don’t seem to have an effect, I’ve managed to loan out 6 players in Jan window which has restored order in the dressing room.... at least for now!

i have had a player miss training 36 times in 1 season after i fined him for falling out of a nightclub ...he was playing every week the season before ....i loaned him out and now another regen is doing it....is this a bug

i have had a player miss training 36 times in 1 season after i fined him for falling out of a nightclub ...he was playing every week the season before ....i loaned him out and now another regen is doing it....is this a bug
No, it doesn't sound like a bug at all.