Unhappy Players

Safc

Reaction score
Currently in my 2nd season as sunderland manager , finished 5th last season (still not sure how i managed that:p) . i was wondering if there was anyway to stop other managers unsettling your players ( i know it happens in real life) its just a pain on here , its happend to me with craig gordon , anton ferdinand , davide santon , kieran richardson and kenwyne jones as a result none of them want to sign new contracts.

any help would be much appriciated

thanks

there isnt really ways of doing it, its just like life, players will want to move on, but in fairness they will shut up evenutally because they are under contract, or just sell them for huge prices.

thought that would be the answer unfortunatly , it is just like real life as well because its harry redknapp upsetting kenwyne jones lol ill have to start looking for replacements, cheers for the advice tho mate

ye, well my actual advice would be to ask their recomendation on a player or staff member, and then sign them, and they are all greatful,

if that no work.

then sell them before they leave you on bosman lol

ill give that a try then , would making one of them captain help as well , was thinking of making craig gordon captain , hopefully change his mind , hes the one player out off all of them that i would prefer to keep the others i could easily replace.

Here's something I learnt whilst managing Newcastle United... ironic I know!

Owen, considers his options all season and refuses to sign a new contract, during that time he's got several managers hanging out of the back of him, praising him to high heavens, I kept his morale high all season, praised when necessary, played him as much as possible (which wasn't that much due to him being a cripple), had what would be classed as a successful season in the eyes of the board (not the fans as they think they're a big club), rejected all bids for him giving the reason as "Indispensable to the club" and kept checking back every week to see if he would sign a new contract, and sure enough, come April-May time, he signed!

Same thing with Tevez at Utd, managers from all over the world were coming to Old Trafford to *** him, but did what I said above and he signed in March on a 5year contract!

Here's something I learnt whilst managing Newcastle United... ironic I know!

, played him as much as possible (which wasn't that much due to him being a cripple),
hahaah tickled me that lol

Yeah, quite a few players on my Wolves team wanted to leave during the january transfer window in my 2nd season. They got annoyed when i rejected bids and such. But a few games after the transfer window shut they started to shut up.

So i guess, if you just keep playing those players. Eventually they'll be happy.

Their status is important, most players ive signed don't understand that they're NOT key players, actually NOBODY is a key player and so I treat them, has done me no harm so far, at the beginning they're worried but after some games some goals and some trophies they accept it, and actually makes them more stable as they'll accept that status and won't go berzerk because they aren't playing every game, which makes rotations easier but could lower value and make them being more interested by another big shot if they have the key player status, but in the end it means less players worried and better squad morale, so I guess it works both ways.

edit: obviously the point is you can manage 20 stars at the same time, in my team kaka is like a third choice.

there isnt really ways of doing it, its just like life, players will want to move on, but in fairness they will shut up evenutally because they are under contract, or just sell them for huge prices.

That what i tend too do, they shut up eventually and get used to the fact they have to play for you team and are under contract. There fault for signing a 4 year contract :) eventually if you getting the results they want to stay on.

keirrison moaned whenever i rejected a bid for him and was unhappy all the time but now finally a year alter he says he's happy at the but only has 12 months left on his contract and wont sign a new one.I dont want to sell him as he's always my top goalscorer but its looking like i might have to sell him in january or risk losing him on a free.what should i do?

thanks for the advice Ma-Li , managed to get craig gordon to sign a new contract made him captain and had to put him as "Indispensable to the club" which to be honest he is lol , trouble is my back up keeper is unhappy now. ah well hes only on loan so not that important.