United - Drama on BBC2

peskybendben

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just wondered if anybody watched "United" on BBC2 last night? It was a superb drama about the Munich Air Crash. It was perfectly presented and the actors were very good. It really opened my eyes to the tradgedy. There are no scenes of football matches, just radio when the matches are being played, but that shouldn't stop you watching it. It lasts for 1hr 30m, and I would go as far as saying it is one of the best things I have ever watched. For those who watched it, what were your impressions? Also, for those that didn't, here is the iPlayer link. It's well worth the watch.

BBC iPlayer - United

Thought it was on tonight!! :O

**** it, ah well will watch it on BBC iPlayer on my PlayStation at some point this week.

Shame you missed it DMF, but as you said watch it on iPlayer. Definitely worth the watch! Agree with you Alexjp123, it was brilliant, and David Tennant was very good.

Recored it yesturday, will be watching today. Already heard its emotiional and very good, Munich air disaster was just heartbreak for so many people.

was away so didn't see it but read on BBC that Sandy Busby said he was 'disgusted' by it. Anyone agree with him?

It was very good but I thought they went a bit far with the United is a club and its better than any of its players and this incident showed this. Other than that it was very good

Might watch it because of some reviews made here through my PS3..

Very good, I thought.

Was a little short perhaps but I guess the focus was very much just on the Crash.. I also thought they probably could/should have focused on more people than just Bobby Charlton. You scarcely see the impact of the crash on any of the other players. The GK just moves on, Tennnant has one moment but there were 2/3 players who simply didn't and couldn't play football ever again as a result of what they saw and were a part of.

Certainly pulled on the heart-strings, though so well done BBC.

Oh - I thought Busby himself was pretty poor to be honest. I'm not a fan of the actor and his accent was atrocious.

Very good programe great detail and it shows just what a great acheivment for Sir Matt Busby to create a whole new team and have success with them

Just finished watching this, Was superb and very emotional. Thought more United fans would have commented on this tbh obviously many haven't seen it. Definate watch for any football fan, Film mostly was about Charlton,Edwards and Murphy more than anything and they all played good roles. The achievement was made that year was sublime and to get to Wembley was astonishing. I only really knew about Edwards and of Course charlton so was a bit dissapointed I didn't get too learn a bit more about the rest but on the whole great watch and it's a pity it happened because that could have been the greatest ever team to have lived.

Last edited:
Shame it was on quite late at night means younger generations won't get to see what a disaster it was. Would be better if it was on at like 7

Missed this as I set it to record but my dad had something to record at the same time so it recorded none of them, I live in Ireland so can't watch it on iPlayer on the internet how can I get the BBC iPlayer on the PS3?

I agree with Joss-it maybe should've focused more on the other players. But I have to admit, I now feel utterly depressed. Incredibly moving and yes-I cried. Younger people should definately watch it if they haven't

Last edited:
I agree with Joss-it maybe should've focused more on the other players. But I have to admit, I now feel utterly depressed. Incredibly moving and yes-I cried. Younger people should definately watch it if they haven't

Yep, it was very good but the BBC did say that it was meant to be mainly on Murphy and Charlton

Yep, it was very good but the BBC did say that it was meant to be mainly on Murphy and Charlton

Ah well, fair enough. Wasn't aware of that. I admit I was dubious at first, as I normally have misgivings in case the producers or whatever get facts wrong. But this was pretty much an eye-opener for me. Which actually will make me more angry when I hear "those" chants from rival football fans.
Doubt I could watch it again though, it was just so incredibly sad. Puts a lot of things into perspective. And I have to say, Tennant was outstanding. Think he was wasted in Doctor Who after this performance. Truly moving.