Unrealistic Agents and their Min-Fee Release Clause

Vance77

Reaction score
I'm Man United, best club in terms of ranking, reputation, trophies and players, so you'd think players would jump at the chance to sign for me.

But there are a load of agents that demand a minimum fee release clause of the exact amount I have bid for the player. So I'm paying £19.75m for a player and he's demanding a release clause of £19.75m, hmmm. On top of that, he wants £.9.25m agent fee, and £7m signing on fee. So I'd be paying £36m for a player that I could potentially lose for £19.75m.

They are also very unwilling to negotiate, and never meet you half way. Realistically, no manager in the world would sign him.

So, I'm wondering a few things:

1. Has anyone experienced this and what do you make of it?
2. Is there a reason why this is happening (ie. my club has a lot of money, bug with the game, etc)?
3. Is the next patch likely to sort this out, or is there anything I can do (in game) to get around this?

It depends which agent it is.
All of them are different , some will demand high signing-on fee's whilst others won't mind low one's

Which player? Maybe sign him and then re-negotiate in 6 months?

I'm in 2024, and it's happening with about a quarter of the good-to-top-class players.

Yeah it can be really annoying. Had this agent with a fee score of 19 (!). He said, you make the first offer and don't forget a very nice fee for me (paraphrasing, but he said something simular). Then it also really depends on the patience of the agent. If its low you dont have much room, but when it's near normal you can actually negotiate prettty long and I always seem to cut what they demand in half (roughly). What also helps is lowering everything the player gets, but upping the agents fee.
Lastly, I never managed to get a player to drop a minimum release clause but I could raise it to ridiculous heights so they would leave cheaply.