Unrealistic Asking Prices?

Dicko1878

Reaction score
if there is a thread on this i apologise as i havent found it. but anyone think that it is virtually impossible to sign world class players such as david villa and tony hibbert (joke), i tried to sign rooney but MUFC wanted £113 mil plus another 40 after 12 months!

anyone know if there is a way to make this realistic because i dont think its fair.

problem is you cant. this is their valuation of the players and in real life, i dont see why man utd wont ask this much for rooney considering his role in the first team. look for other targets if you feel its not worth it. im sure you will find someone with similar or close stats at a lower price

problem is you cant. this is their valuation of the players and in real life, i dont see why man utd wont ask this much for rooney considering his role in the first team. look for other targets if you feel its not worth it. im sure you will find someone with similar or close stats at a lower price

What he said :)

If you try and unsettle them with comments about trying to sign them they normally issue the club with transfer request,thus getting them cheaper it doesn't always work but when it does it's great! I got David Villa in a Liverpool save i had for £36 million!
Try it dude?

yeah i have also found stupid asking prices but the fact is its prob close to what they would ask for in real life, although rooney for 113mil i think they would prob sell him for £50mil unless it was man city/liverpool/real madrid that came in for him

in real life they wouldnt sell. you can;t change this unlkess you cheat

At least they are making asking prices more realistic in FM10, but in this case you are just being stupid, United wouldn't sell Rooney and that's that :S

One thing I think is strange in FM is that they usually ask for more than the value of the player whereas irl they ask for the value and teams attempt to negotiate down.

In FM10 Real Madrid wanted 526mil euros for C.Ronaldo.
If this is unrealistic then i guess if they accept a small bid for Rooney that's called ridiculous unrealistic?

Yeh I find this a lot. West Ham want £20 mil for Scott Parker :S

I think that's pretty realistic, when Tottenham took an interest in the recent window, I think that's what West Ham valued him at from what I remember

It normally is quite difficult to sign world class players in real life, is it not? As clubs dont really want to let there best players go so they'll value them at something pathetic like £100million knowing full well you dont have the cash.

At least they are making asking prices more realistic in FM10, but in this case you are just being stupid, United wouldn't sell Rooney and that's that :S

Are you forgetting that cheeky chappy Ronaldo ? If a player wants out, clubs usually let him go. It happened to us with Xabi & Mascharano. Not that I'm saying Shrek wants to leave, but if he genuinely did I reckon he'd be allowed to for the right price.

Also, does anyone find that the wages being asked for by potential new players during the transfer negotiations in FM2011 ridiculous ?

Last edited:
Man united wanting a huge fee does seen fair. But howcome when it comes to other clubs trying to get your star players. They will never offer atleast a decent amount.

Are you forgetting that cheeky chappy Ronaldo ? If a player wants out, clubs usually let him go. It happened to us with Xabi & Mascharano. Not that I'm saying Shrek wants to leave, but if he genuinely did I reckon he'd be allowed to for the right price.

Also, does anyone find that the wages being asked for by potential new players during the transfer negotiations in FM2011 ridiculous ?

Yeah, there's Ronaldo. He didnt exactly go for peanuts did he.

As for wages, I offer a lot less than they ask, then meet half way, then just carry on negotiating.

Man united wanting a huge fee does seen fair. But howcome when it comes to other clubs trying to get your star players. They will never offer atleast a decent amount.
Normally, if a club wants a player who are at peak, play great, regarded as indispensable and not transfer listed. They will offer 2-3 times the actual amount of that player. Just like in Rooney case, Man U want high price cause he is irreplaceable. If you transfer listed a player, or do not play him regularly or he plays terribly. You would not get much profit out of him no matter the stat unless he is young and will potentially have a great future.