Beefy383

Reaction score
Does anyone else get frustrated by the fans reaction to some of your results?
For instance I have just got a 0-0 draw being newly promoted Portsmouth at Everton, I consider that a decent result, worthy of a ' Good' from fans. But instead its ' slightly concerned by this result'
To me that doesn't make sense.

Anyone else consider this annoying?

Beef

Yes, all the time. The odds are against you, and you draw, the fans complain.

it adds to the authenticness of the game... the pressure is always on teh manager to provide good results... dispite hte stature of hte team (look at Boothroyd at coventry, hes under immediate pressure to get them promoted in teh 1st season he is there because he did it with watford IRL) the same applies to FM.. if you were spurs, and drew to man utd or arsenal you would get "slightly concerned" or "devistated" because your under that much pressure to gain top 4 again, for pompey though the aim is to have a safe mid table finish... and team like everton are only capable of that themselves. (at least on my FM anyway) so you should be beating them according to fans.

TIP: go and look at the match confidence, to see where they think you should have improved

it adds to the authenticness of the game... the pressure is always on teh manager to provide good results... dispite hte stature of hte team (look at Boothroyd at coventry, hes under immediate pressure to get them promoted in teh 1st season he is there because he did it with watford IRL) the same applies to FM.. if you were spurs, and drew to man utd or arsenal you would get "slightly concerned" or "devistated" because your under that much pressure to gain top 4 again, for pompey though the aim is to have a safe mid table finish... and team like everton are only capable of that themselves. (at least on my FM anyway) so you should be beating them according to fans.

TIP: go and look at the match confidence, to see where they think you should have improved

Yeah, but drawing 1-1 on Old Traford as Tottenham is a result to get into the top 4. So the fans should appreciate it more. Could understand if it was a home game, but away a draw against the top 3 should be considerd a good result.

I have this problem as well, if you draw at Old Trafford with Villa the fans are concerned, but you beat a League 2 tema 6-0 and they are ecstatic... Not very realistic at all, is almost seems that it doesn't take the quality of opposition into account.

No, my aim is to Attempt to avoid relegation so any point away from home is a result!
Especially at a top ten side such as Everton.
Just expect when getting a 0-0 draw at Everton for the fans to see it realistically and be slightly appreciative of the result as they would be in real life.

Same thing happened to me. I have started a new save as Hamburger SV, with my first game of the season away to Schalke. I played a counter-attacking tactic, held them off and almost scored, but held them to a draw for 0-0.

Came back and it said that, despite Schalke were odds-on to win, the fan's were 'disappointed'. Unfair to me since I have a decent squad, but not enough to actually challenge for the Bundesliga title.

Last edited:
Better off using this thread

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f109/post-your-frustrations-t47706.html

Then rant to your hearts content :)

But the fans are pretty fickle. As bad as some Newcastle fans I know

No, dont through every single topic into the rant thread, If I wanted to use the search to find this thread I would not find it if it was in the rant thread, even it the search bought up the rant thread I would have to trall through hundreds of pages of rants to get to one relevant to this.
This should be like it is, its own thread.

On topic its daft I agree, some games you draw which you know would be seen as a good result the fans are unhappy.

Yeah, but drawing 1-1 on Old Traford as Tottenham is a result to get into the top 4. So the fans should appreciate it more. Could understand if it was a home game, but away a draw against the top 3 should be considerd a good result.

Did i say it wasnt a result going to OT and drawing 1-1? im saying that fans put that much pressure on managers to win (be in IRL or FM), that if they were to draw... they would be "slightly concerned". All i am simply saying is: pressure from fans + draw or loss = "slightly concerned" or "devistated".

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

deal with it. I can.

to be honest... i whole heartedly agree with this...

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

No, my aim is to Attempt to avoid relegation so any point away from home is a result!
Especially at a top ten side such as Everton.
Just expect when getting a 0-0 draw at Everton for the fans to see it realistically and be slightly appreciative of the result as they would be in real life.

it depends... how many chances did you have? how many did they have? who had more of the ball? who played better generally speaking? im guessing that this has a lot to do with the fans reaction..

Bottom line is, it's something you just have to put up with i'm afraid. I don't pay much attention to it tbh-I prefer to hear what the board says. If I hear the fans whining they're "slightly concerned" after a 1-1 with Barcelona, I just think "go to **** mugs-it's barcelona". I just put up with it, and focus on what the board thinks. They're the ones who hired you after all.

Did i say it wasnt a result going to OT and drawing 1-1? im saying that fans put that much pressure on managers to win (be in IRL or FM), that if they were to draw... they would be "slightly concerned". All i am simply saying is: pressure from fans + draw or loss = "slightly concerned" or "devistated".

No but my fans did ;P. It's also not something I can't deal with, beating Chelsea was way more important, and fans only matter when it comes up in your board evaluation. Like the fact that I sold Pavluchenko. They've been bugging me with it all season. Anyway, just not very realistic that's all.

No but my fans did ;P. It's also not something I can't deal with, beating Chelsea was way more important, and fans only matter when it comes up in your board evaluation. Like the fact that I sold Pavluchenko. They've been bugging me with it all season. Anyway, just not very realistic that's all.

yeah i know what you mean... you sell a player.. make a huge proffit, sign a better player, he does wonders but they still hate you for selling the **** player in the 1st place.. NO sense lol

with the fan thing.. i dont really care.. they choose to support the club i didnt say "you come support now!" and they say "yay this team is **** but we were told to support them".

ah well... i still prefer FM10 to this one... no way near as good as 10.. (i also hate the agents thing it sucks!!! just wastes time that i could use more wisely instead of "we are very close to a deal if we could just iron out these issues"

i feel like screaming back "if you want to iron out go to tesco and buy a ****** iron and iron the peice of paper if you think it will do any good!" rant over :D

Its the same every time.

Green whenever you win (No matter what the score is and who it is against)

Yellow whenever you draw (No matter what the score is and who it is against)

Red whenever you lose (No matter what the score is and who it is against)