Clince121188

Reaction score
I understand the lengths that SI go to to research players, and that sometimes players bloom late etc. but sometimes you really do find some players in the game who make you question whether these scouts have actually ever seen a game of football.

Exhibit A:

View attachment 173664

This is Arthur, and other than being a 23 year old Brazilian footballer with just 26(second and first division) games under his belt and 1 goal to his name, there's not much to know about Arthur.

However, somebody at S.I deemed this guy worthy of the attributes in the above screenshot.

Just to put some of these attributes into perspective, his combination of finishing(15) and composure(14) sees him equal to or better than proven goal scorers such as: Diego Costa, Pedro, Kevin De Bruyne, Loic Remy, Romelu Lukaku and EVEN DANNY WELBECK. (In finishing and composure)

These are players plying their trade in top divisions where higher finishing and especially higher composure is required, yet he stands equal to some highly proven players in his attributes.

Anyone else found some thoroughly unproven forwards with inexplicable attributes?​

Last edited:

His finishing and composure ain't bad..

Holy ****, I know he's been dependable to score 10-15 goals a season throughout his career but that might be a bit much ha

I've actually done player searches for forwards with at least 11 composure and 13 finishing and come across players of 24 and up who've never scored a single goal in professional football, I've even found a few in their 30's haha

This is Arthur, and other than being a 23 year old Brazilian footballer with just 26(second and first division) games under his belt and 1 goal to his name, there's not much to know about Arthur.

It took me about 10 seconds to find out that you are wrong about this player.

View attachment 173579

You might be right and he might not deserve his stats, but complaining about the stats of players you have never seen play is a tad absurd.

I understand the lengths that SI go to to research players, and that sometimes players bloom late etc. but sometimes you really do find some players in the game who make you question whether these scouts have actually ever seen a game of football.

Exhibit A:

View attachment 1027490

However, somebody at S.I deemed this guy worthy of the attributes in the above screenshot.

Just to put some of these attributes into perspective, his combination of finishing(15) and composure(14) sees him equal to or better than proven goal scorers such as: Diego Costa, Pedro, Kevin De Bruyne, Loic Remy, Romelu Lukaku and EVEN DANNY WELBECK. (In finishing and composure)

These are players plying their trade in top divisions where higher finishing and especially higher composure is required, yet he stands equal to some highly proven players in his attributes.

Anyone else found some thoroughly unproven forwards with inexplicable attributes?​
You'd need to look at the whole picture. What's his hidden attributes like? Consistency especially?

It took me about 10 seconds to find out that you are wrong about this player.

View attachment 1027576

You might be right and he might not deserve his stats, but complaining about the stats of players you have never seen play is a tad absurd.

View attachment 173470

These are the stats I was basing my post on. (the ones posted within FM)

Didn't know about the ones you posted as they're not in the game and couldn't find any stats for him online. Also the ones for Goianiense are new, and they also play in the Brazilian second division.

I would hardly say that my post about a 23 year old footballer deemed only good enough for 26 games in his career up to that point having similar attributes to established world beaters was "absurd". The fact he had only played that many games in a lengthy career would support that alone.

My main point is that surely these attributes should be defined in a certain context i.e level of competition, whether he's even deemed good enough to start within the group of players at his club etc.

It was posted mainly for fun anyway.

You'd need to look at the whole picture. What's his hidden attributes like? Consistency especially?

Of course his consistency would be important yes, but you've kind of hit my point on the head.

The Whole Picture.

Surely you can't purely base a players attributes, especially the composure one on just training or what not. Game time HAS to come into it and if you can't do it in not necessarily "big games" (hidden attribute), but professional games, then I'm afraid you don't have the required composure in my book, definitely not 14 in comparison to De Bruynes 12.

A lot of players will have randomly varying attributes too so keep that in mind :)

Ehh… I've also encountered many unknown players that have some attributes better than many well-known players

Of course his consistency would be important yes, but you've kind of hit my point on the head.

The Whole Picture.

Surely you can't purely base a players attributes, especially the composure one on just training or what not. Game time HAS to come into it and if you can't do it in not necessarily "big games" (hidden attribute), but professional games, then I'm afraid you don't have the required composure in my book, definitely not 14 in comparison to De Bruynes 12.
Consistency especially, will make a huge difference so that's why I mentioned looking at the whole picture. You haven't mentioned what exactly his consistency is, but that may change things considerably. The top guys in world football are world beaters consistently, whereas a player like this (and I don't know him from a bar of soap) might only be one in 1 or 2 out of every 20 games.

Consistency especially, will make a huge difference so that's why I mentioned looking at the whole picture. You haven't mentioned what exactly his consistency is, but that may change things considerably. The top guys in world football are world beaters consistently, whereas a player like this (and I don't know him from a bar of soap) might only be one in 1 or 2 out of every 20 games.

The plot thickens, he has a consistency of 12