maxxie

Reaction score
Okay, I've had trouble as Real Madrid to sign players from clubs like Espanyol because of their supposed unbelievably strong rivalry with Real. I also tried to sign Buonanotte from Athletico and he won't sign for the same reason. I get that is a legit rivalry but the kid has been there a little over a year, hardly time enough to get super attached.

Anyone else think that FM overdid the rivalry thing this year?

Those rivalries are real.

Atletico Madrid won't sell to Real Madrid for the simple fact they are local rivals, for the same reason Manchester United won't sell to Manchester City, and Arsenal won't sell to Tottenham etc.

Espanyol are local rivals of Barcelona who are major rivals to Real Madrid due to the nationality thing. Espanyol are also involved, but are by far a smaller club than Barcelona so the rivalry isn't so great - but is still alive.

I think what the point here is is that players are refusing to enter contract negotiations with rivals of their team despite not loving their club.

E.G A Man City reserve player will not go to Man United despite not having Man City in his favored clubs, Man City also do accept the bid, but the player will not negotiate.

I agree it's a bit stupid.

Agree. In Benfica i couldn´t sign a Sporting player. Adrian´s contract was expiring but he didn´t negotiate with me.

Those rivalries are real.

Atletico Madrid won't sell to Real Madrid for the simple fact they are local rivals, for the same reason Manchester United won't sell to Manchester City, and Arsenal won't sell to Tottenham etc.

Espanyol are local rivals of Barcelona who are major rivals to Real Madrid due to the nationality thing. Espanyol are also involved, but are by far a smaller club than Barcelona so the rivalry isn't so great - but is still alive.
i agree with the rivalries bit but transfers have been done before beetween arsenal and tottenham. campbell and bentley for example

i agree with the rivalries bit but transfers have been done before beetween arsenal and tottenham. campbell and bentley for example

Bentley went to Spurs after playing for Blackburn.

Campbell went to Arsenal because he isn't that loyal. It will come down to the players loyalty stat (hidden).

sometimes they do sign for a rival club if you befriend their manager!
I got 32 year old hargreaves from man u to man city in just 1.8 million and he is still a good player!
not everyone will negotiate but some will!

I think rivalries is something they should look at on the next FM to tweak, like maybe over a matter of seasons new ones can be formed if youre the manager and talk bad about certain teams if you get me?

The biggest one I remember was Luis Figo from Barcelona to Real Madrid.

Yeah and when the club will accept the bid (at a higher than regular price most of the time) the player who doesn't really like his club will say no for no apparent reason.

They need to fix it.