Unrealistic rubbish that needs to stop.

Help

Reaction score
Joined AC Milan after they finished 9th in Serie A, hadn't won the league or been anywhere near close since the game started, it was for the 2022/23 season, finished 2nd, then 24 finished 2nd, then 25 finished 2nd and won the Champions League for the first time since 2007.

My Manager position wasn't ever anything above Stable or whatever it was. Even after winning the champions league. I never had my expectations as winning the league, just qualifying for europe and then title contenders, which i was. Then I win the champs league out of nowhere, we were massive long shots. 5 games into the start of the next campaign, sitting on 5 points. All my players are going absolutely mental, questioning managerial ability.

"This doesn't have to go out of the office, but I think we're underachieving as a club and i'm starting to lose confidence in your management as a result."

It's the most unrealistic ****. Load of rubbish.

The game needs to be more aware of particular accomplishments and what they mean for the club, and not forget as soon as the club has a very very small bad spell. Ridiculous.

I said I understand concerns, but we need to rally together and improve or whatever, to which he replied "I don't think it's possible" lololol, like there has been no example of achievements recently.

"You need to stop questioning my managerial ability like this, it's very unprofessional."

"It might be unprofessional but i'm saying what needs to be said"

"The fact that you are still questioning my managerial ability to this extent is completely unacceptable and needs to stop"

"I can't drop this issue i'm afraid. I'm not sure I can work with a manager who treats his players like this. I'm not happy at all about how you've dealt with this"

The last thing he says ^^^ that's so ridiculous lol. You just have to laugh at it, pathetic.

EDIT: And just like that, he's handed in a transfer request.

Last edited:
CBA to have these useless conversations with all my players. Which is what is happening now.

Are these players outspoken etc. Are they mentaly stable ? I have never seen this with more than one player in any club I have managed ( and yes, I have had poor starts ) ( and, was this your captain that had these issues)

Could it be your team talk and emdia comments i.e, the way you handled the losses, that is the trigger here rather than the actual results ?
i am not saying that you did "wrong" in the team talks/media etc, but that the players did not like it.

In fairness to the game Roberto Di Matteo wasn't given much time to prove himself after winning a champions league for Chelsea either.

How was your man management before the win? Have issues with players?

We're they just looking for an excuse to stick the knife in?

I didn't notice any other issues, and the initial moan was "concerns about underachieving club" 5 competitive games after winning the champions league.

Never had any issues with players really, never any long term ones. Anything bad got sorted after a discussion, morale was all brilliant before.

Yeah I thought about Di Matteo, but I do think Chelsea are a very unique case. For a management game, you would hope that achievements like this give you a bit of stability.