Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
When searching for players i generally ask my assistant to filter out unrealistic transfers, particularly when managing lower league clubs. However, I often find that my assistant has excluded quality players who are interested in joining me and wouldn't completely destroy my wage budget. So I was wondering if anyone knew whether there's a specific attribute of an assistant relating to his ability to accurately predict the players that would/wouldn't want to join the club?

Reaction score
never select unrealistic transfers/loan fees/etc.. ive signed many players that my scouts deemed "unrealistic" and im using a very small club with crumbs for a budget

Reaction score
Yes just don't use the filter if you have a decent amount of budget left. And players attitude to signing will soften if the closer you get to deadline day if they have not had other offers. I have picked up many an "out of reach" player by just waiting and hoping.

Reaction score
never select unrealistic transfers/loan fees/etc.. ive signed many players that my scouts deemed "unrealistic" and im using a very small club with crumbs for a budget
Yes just don't use the filter if you have a decent amount of budget left. And players attitude to signing will soften if the closer you get to deadline day if they have not had other offers. I have picked up many an "out of reach" player by just waiting and hoping.
Yeah that seems to be the only option unfortunately. It just makes things a whole lot easier to filter out your kewells's and pires's who clearly arent gonna come to oxford city

Reaction score
Yeah that seems to be the only option unfortunately. It just makes things a whole lot easier to filter out your kewells's and pires's who clearly arent gonna come to oxford city
something i have been doing is click the unrealistic transfers on so i can see who is the top player on the list, then i turn it off so i have an idea of where the ceiling is for my transfers.. players at the very top of the list i can never land but a few spots above where my scout thought my limit was i can easily get

i hope that made sense haha

Reaction score
something i have been doing is click the unrealistic transfers on so i can see who is the top player on the list, then i turn it off so i have an idea of where the ceiling is for my transfers.. players at the very top of the list i can never land but a few spots above where my scout thought my limit was i can easily get

i hope that made sense haha
I kinda get what youre saying, would that be sorted by value though?

Reaction score
i think it might have something to do with tactical knowledge attribute does your scouts have low tactical knowledge???