DaleP88

Reaction score
I have recently tried signing some youth players with 5 blue stars which indicate ( in my eyes) that he will be a world superstar but recently when ive tried signing these two players at about 10 mil each View attachment 339997View attachment 339996 inter milan and valencia respectively have asked for absurd amounts of money for a player who is neither try or tested as youcan see from these screenshots View attachment 339995View attachment 339994. So irl ronaldo cost 80 mil, bale 83 mil and suarez 73 mil ( i think ) and these are tried and tested then why are these youth so dear???? Has anyone else came across youth players that cost so much? keeping in mind im celtic, got them to worldwide status, won the european cup twice, always in the quarter finals of the european cup or further and the spfl is 10th in the world.Some feedback would be great guys because im pulling what hair ive got left out :p

Well, they are smart, they know huge potential of their players and try to protect them. If you imagine that you are chairman and you have SUPERB-HUGE talent who will definitely turn into TOP 1 player in the world, then you would ask for crazy fees too.

They signed a new deal, or they just don't want to sell their players, so the high price to turn you off. Irritating, but not unrealistic. Kinda similar to how Spanish clubs have absurdly high release clauses.

dont get me wrong i do understand about teams not wanting they're best youth players leaving and wanting large fees but sureley 61 and 63 mil for 17/18 yea olds is a bit too much.All im saying is when was the last time you seen a teenager go for that kind of money in real life. hopefully they can fix this for the next game, i wouldnt even mind payin the 20mil bracket for a teenegaer with huge potential but 60 mil is far too steep even in real life

All im saying is when was the last time you seen a teenager go for that kind of money in real life.

High asking price is the reason why you did not see a teenager go for that kind of money. I am certain that many teenagers (especially in Spain) have even higher minimum release fees in their contracts.

1. They are on long term contracts so they don't have to sell to get value. If their wages were higher, their value would be much higher. Also, value is an extremely ambiguous term. I could have a 5 star regen winger at my club, but he'd be worthless to me since I don't play with wide men. Players have two values: What you're willing to pay, and what you're willing to receive.

2. Clubs always want to hold onto their best youth prospects (unless the player forces a move) and it's next to impossible to get a player from a club unless you either pay over the odds or get him to want to move clubs.

3. I'm quite sure that this is very realistic, only we, the ignorant public, don't get to see the huge prices club's put on their players during failed negotiations. ****, half of the fees are undisclosed and it's the media sources guessing as to what the figure may be. So I'm pretty sure clubs are constantly being given extortionate fees when they enquire, and like you, have said no. Very realistic feature in my eyes.

4. Let me guess, after seeing the ridiculous fee, you gave up and went looking somewhere eles? Then the huge fee done it's job, you stopped asking about him. If you persevered with negotiations you more than likely could have gotten the price dragged down. Clubs spend months, if not years working on deals to agree prices in real life. Agents are constantly in talks with clubs trying to reduce the prices.