Reaction score
Is there any way around this? You get a player with massive potential, but low professionalism so he doens't improve as he should, but he won't let anyone tutor him.
Are there speech options to persuade him or something?

I have a similar problem. I have a regen labelled "the next paul Gascoigne" but he has "Low self belief" so doesnt want to be tutored by anyone

If the tutee refuses, you get follow up options to try to convince them. Never seems to work from what I've seen.

I've recently run into this in a save, and asked on the SI forum. The veteran player was signed entirely to tutor. I have 4 different young players refuse him as a tutor. Different positions, different starting personalities, and all of them needed improvement. The suggestion was that his reputation was too low - high enough to be eligible to tutor but not high enough for the young player to want them. It was the only thing that separated that potential tutor from several other vets who were accepted as tutors without issue.

But these player refuse all the tutors I offer them. I drive me mad, because I spent a load of money on them but they won't get to the top level without better professionalism

Professionalism isn't the only thing needed. There's also Ambition, Determination and a little luck.

And, there are a bunch of Balotellis in the world. Sometimes, you find them. Maybe try again at a later stage.