Up The Canaries - A Norwich City Story

Stevie99

Reaction score
150px-Norwich_City.svg.png

Norwich City cancel Hughton deal and appoint Arsenal coach Stephen Gibbs
Norwich City have appointed Arsenal youth coach Stephen Gibbs as manager on a deal until June 2013. Gibbs worked with the Arsenal reserves since he was 18 after a career ending injury in an FA Youth Cup game. Gibbs has been coaching since he became an adult and is one of the youngest coaches in the world. At the age of 25 he has three years of coaching experience at Arsenal and spent four years working for his UEFA Continental A License. Chris Hughton left his post at Birmingham in hope of getting the Norwich job but now he is jobless and Lee Clark is sitting in his office and Stephen Gibbs is sitting in what he thought was his new office. Gibbs will be unveiled in a press conference tomorrow.

View attachment 306671 Gibbs pleased to take Norwich hot-seat
Stephen Gibbs faced the music in his unveiling as Norwich City manager. Gibbs said that "To be given the lead role at a club like Norwich is amazing. I worked with the Arsenal U18's and that was brilliant because there my team but to work in the Premier League with a team with a reputation is unbelieveable. I spoke to the board and they made me an offer I couldn't refuse. They have given me a huge opportunity and I have taken it. I am pleased the chairman has trusted me with the position and I owe it to the board and to the fans to do well and that is what I will do this season." Gibbs was asked about the rumors about Luciano Becchio and Gibbs replied with this "I've been taking to Neil Warnock and a swap deal is being arranged. I can't say anything more."

9k=

Norwich have signed striker Luciano Becchio from Leeds with forward Steve Morison heading to the Championship side in a swap deal.

The 29-year-old joins the Canaries, who will also pay an undisclosed fee, having spent five years at Elland Road.
"I cannot wait to play my first game for Norwich," said Becchio, who has signed a three-and-a-half-year deal
"I am happy about having the chance to play in the Premier League. It is great for me personally and for my career."
The Argentine, who still had a year and a half remaining on his Leeds deal, made more than 200 appearances and scored 86 times for the Yorkshire side.
"I spoke to Robert Snodgrass and Jonny Howson [former Leeds team-mates] about Norwich and they both had really good things to say about the club and the city."
Wales international Morison, 29, joined Norwich from Millwall in 2011. The former non-league striker scored 12 goals in 59 appearances for the Carrow Road outfit.
"I'm absolutely delighted that we've been able to bring Steve in," said Leeds manager Neil Warnock.
"Even before Luciano put in his transfer request we had enquired about Steve - he was at the top of my list in the Summer to bring in - and I can't tell you how delighted I am."
"Steve meets all the requirements of the striker we've been looking to bring in. For me, he is a player who has everything. He can score goals from anywhere - whether it's 25 yards or a tap-in - he has pace, and he has all the attributes you want."

Norwich shock Tottenham by stealing Leandro Damiao from Internacional
View attachment 306691
Leandro Damiao was transfer listed by Internacional, entered contract talks with Tottenham. Norwich put in a bid and somehow, Damiao turned down guaranteed European football for a season to join the Suffolk club. Damiao said in a press conference that "I talked to the manager and he told me that within a year Norwich could be in the top ten and keep moving up and I wanted to be a part in that. There were clubs interested in me but after talking to Mr. Gibbs and the Director of Football I knew I was in the right place. I am delighted to be playing in the best league in the world and I am confident I will do well and build from that." Stephen Gibbs couldn't take the smile off his face during the conference. He said "I couldn't believe it. Leandro Damiao is sitting next to me as a Norwich City player. I just can't believe it. I made a bid and I knew Spurs and Arsenal were in for him and I spoke to him and he said, make me an offer I can't refuse and with the board's permission, I made him a good offer and I spoke to him outlining my vision and he was impressed, Spurs had a bid accepted at the last minute but before they could talk a deal was agreed and I am sitting here unable to take the smile off my face." Damiao has signed for a fee of £9 million. When asked if there will be anymore deals, Gibbs said "One or two, max." Norwich City have pulled off the biggest deal of the transfer window

i thought you were going to be Blackpool?
So did I but I was thinking and I had a eureka moment. I was already doing a Blackpool save because I knew Blackpool would win the poll and I was at January 2013. I couldn't get the best coaches, the players were doing okay and we were top of the league and I was getting annoyed with training and the fact the players were okay and not good. We didn't deserve to be top of the league in the save so I resigned and started a new save and the randomiser chose Norwich

Norwich City sign youth stars Wellington Nem and Adryan
Norwich have signed Brazilian stars Wellington Nem and Adryan. Adryan is 18 years old and Norwich have confirmed their intention to loan him to a club in England to adapt him to English football before putting him into the first team. Wellington Nem has been capped for Brazil and is considered a bright star in Brazilian football. Nem has put pen to paper on a five year deal and Adryan has put pen to paper on a four year deal. Norwich City manager Stephen Gibbs has said that "I am delighted to bring two Brazilian wonderkids. I call them wonder-kids because they are. They are young prosects and they have bright futures. Adryan will be loaned to another club because me and Adryan don't think he is quite ready to jump into the Premier League but I think after a season or two, he will adapt and become a striking force in the Premier League. Wellington Nem is a brilliant signing and a steal in my book. His release clause is below his true value and he is a coup. I am looking forward to seeing them in action." When asked if there will be any more signings he said "I said this with Leandro Damiao, one or two. I signed two but one isn't for the first team so at the max there will be one more player."

Looking good so far, are you actually buying these players or did you put them in there in the data editor?

HOW THE **** YOU GET DAMIAO?
I had the offer accepted and it said my client isn't that interested so I put in every bonus and wage rising opportunity.
Offered him 45.5k per week and boosted it to around 60 after a few games and he felt it was acceptable. I'm still shellshocked that he was interested. In reality that's like Messi joining Sunderland, It won't happen.

I had the offer accepted and it said my client isn't that interested so I put in every bonus and wage rising opportunity.
Offered him 45.5k per week and boosted it to around 60 after a few games and he felt it was acceptable. I'm still shellshocked that he was interested. In reality that's like Messi joining Sunderland, It won't happen.

well then this is one **** of a signing and ill be following cos of it lol good luck

How much money did you get to spend? Please dont sign Ademilson! Everyone signs him Nem and Adryan the stories get repetitive, interested to see how you do good luck

How much money did you get to spend? Please dont sign Ademilson! Everyone signs him Nem and Adryan the stories get repetitive, interested to see how you do good luck

no matetr what on any game i will never sign admeilson, adryan or wellington nem lol

my three are Alexander Milosevic, Bressan and Andreas Cornelius only 1.5 million each bargians for how good they do

no matetr what on any game i will never sign admeilson, adryan or wellington nem lol

my three are Alexander Milosevic, Bressan and Andreas Cornelius only 1.5 million each bargians for how good they do

I got 5m and did a clear out of players. over 48 months for most. Bought them to makew a major profit in a season or two

Norwich sign Royston Drenthe on free transfer
Norwich City have confirmed the signing of free agent Royston Drenthe. Drenthe played for Feyenoord, Real Madrid and Everton in his career and was released by Madrid in June. Drenthe has said "I am pleased to be joining Norwch and I am looking forward to our challenge in the Premier League. I have come to the right club and the club deserve to win." Stephen Gibbs has said "It's great to bring in experience for free. Royston is talented and deserves credit. I hope he brings the right attitude and skill to Norwich."