**UPDATED** Inspired by: The road from 2nd Div. B1 to the Champions League

seasons goin better, im assured of my place in the league next season so looking to the future now. nearly done and will be putting the screenies and review up later. i found that planting 2 DM's in front of the back four leaving wingers and 1 AMC to support the lone striker helps grind out results. also let anyone whos half decent have long shots as keepers in lower leagues are very poor. i based my first season on not conceding and nicking the odd goal here and there on the break, even though i didnt have much pace in the team.

im not conceeding alot just loosin by the odd goal im just about 2 start january sosee wot loan deals r about i think. im happy the way were doin as we were relagation favourites 4 the 2nd season runnin just goin 2 take a while i think 2 get the funds to get decent players im needin a cup run but will av 2 wait till next season now :(

2nd SEASON REVIEW:

What i expected.

League: 16th place finish.
Spanish Cup: Knocked out by Gimnastic in 3rd round.

My first season in Liga Adelente has finished as i thought it would, with my cultural heroes languishing above the relegation zone, finishing 16th. An early cup exit meant i could concentrate on survival which helped my ageing squad. As the season progressed i realised that my transfer policy of sigining ageing big names wasnt going to work as these guys were fairly inneffective at this level. I looked to the future and signed up a number of prospects for next season. This bucked up the ideas of my older players who feared for their place in the team, better performances followed and a few good results ensured survival with games to spare. but the lemon still didnt manage a goal all season from 19 games.......

As discussed with zebedee above i adopted a different tactic to help my push for survival. it worked and i managed some good results during the run in, particularly pleasing was a 2-1 win over ex parent club sporting.

This season has been a transitional one for Leonesa, with no major signings secured or particular highlghts to report. Pernia finished joint second top scorer with jorge vargas on 7 which says it all really, they are my left back and centre back. Rocamora my AMC finished top scorer on 8 goals. not a season of attacking prowess, in fact i released viduka an diego tristan before the season had even finished, mendes was gone on july 1st and i only kept the lemon as he is close to my heart now, despite having all the attacking talent of a goat with 3 legs. Pernia finshed 3rd top assist maker in the league which was a double edged sword for me, as he was now on the radar of some bigger clubs like sevilla. i was once again proud of my rearguard action, matej rapnik and jorge vargas were fantastic as the defensive rocks that allowed my team to try and push forward, although as soon as the ball reached, mendes,/lemon/tristan/viduka the attack usually ended abruptly lol. marcio was fantastic in goal although he was sometimes prone to 'do a david james' and rush out for no apparent reason.

I kept up my love affair from afar with saviola but he has opted for premiership football, with bolton............. oh javier when will we be united so i can make you the cultural legend you deserve to be?????

So without causing any major ripples on the world of football, cultural leonesa looked forward to the next season in liga adelante!!!!

screenies below.

PRE SEASON:

So with the knowledge that signing 'legends' who are a bit past it isnt going to work at this level i bought in a number of young players. stikers were high on my list as Fabio 'the lemon' Lemes was the only striker i had on the books. Gonzalo Barreto, German Pacheco, Nicolas Millan, Morten Nielsen and Leandro Martinez were all bought in. Barreto, Pacheco and Martinez will be my first choice players with Millan and Nielsen looking like ones for the future.

i put a cheeky loan bid in to bolton for saviola and to my surprise they accepted (does no-one want to give this man a game apart from me??) but cultural are not quite a big enough team for the great man just yet. i respect that javier, youve got class and i can live with rejection for now.

owen garvan and jordi gomez were probably my most popular signings with the fans. they look to have strengthened up my midfield dramatically. Alas i couldnt quite resist the lure of the elderly stars and signed Luis Boa Morte and Juan Carlos Valeron to add some know how to my now relatively youthful attacking third. the lemon at 26 is by far my most experienced striker but is probably 6th in line for the number 9 shirt......

just before the transfer window closed the board accepted an offer for Goitoetxea and he was sold for 240k without my permission. although not a key player he was my 3rd best centre back and filled in when Rapnik was called up for u21 action or vargas was injured. it sent my plans into a bit of a spin as i had only a few hours to secure a replacement. Spanish u21 captain Cala was bought in from Sevilla for only 40k. BARGAIN!!

As i write this i have finalised and trimmed my growing squad. Some players were left disappointed as i had no choice but to plonk them in the B team. Despite the huge sqaud upheavel and all the ins and outs, i am most pleased that i managed to keep hold of Pernia. he is by far the best technical player in the league and his corners and free kicks might just make the difference this season. the bookies have again tipped me for relegation but i am am confident of at least going close to gaining promotion. I hope that with regualr football my youngsters will come on leaps and bounds and take the opposition by surprise. I have started the season just like the last one, a bore 0-0 with Cadiz. i have no idea what to expect really but i can hope.

Go Cultural!!!

I will update during the january transfer window in a day or two.

honestly.... saviola? Don't think he is good even in segunda, as a matter of fact I doubt he plays better than me... go take a look among the ''B'' teams of the big 4 you should find young and bright players. Good luck man (I wanted to start one with Real Union because they eliminated us (madrid) in cup this year and they were quite impressive but I can't I only enjoy Madrid and Spain.

i could go for players who are better prospects than him but its just something about saviola, ive always liked him. just a personal choice. he is still a very good player, pace, composure, finishing, dribbling and first touch are all very very good. i also really like billy sharp despite him being above average at best. yeah real union are a good side, tried to sign their striker who got 31 league goals last season on my game but he went to esapnyol instead..........

barca b have got no real prosepcts apart from caceres and henrique and they have now been moved up to first team. madrid wasnt much better apart from bueno. i havnt looked at valencia but i did just sign cala from sevilla. looks a good player. cheers for the advice.

you should give real union a go, challenge yourself lol.

well done mate...my striker just went 21hrs without scoring and hes a starter before scoring a penelty bout time i think i survived finishin in 16th this season dindt start well at bognor regis butthings quickly got better wen players became fit again and the signin of owen price uplifted the squad and were now flyin high in 12th with the medi prediction of 22nd just hope we keep goin...ive based my side on a good defence which seems 2 be workin.

21 hours, thats a record surely lololol. the lemon has just scored his first for over 12 months, although he hasnt been a regular in the team this is still pretty bad.

looking at the lemons histroy he has a total of 87 career apps with a return of 27 goals over 7 seasons.............................. horrific.

definately base your team around defence, soaking up the pressure and thern breaking out quickly seems to be working for me. and keep them long shots bombing in, one of them is bound to go in lol. good luck with bognor, although i feel you may need a russian billionairre to take over before you secure the funds neede for success at a higher level.

yer im hopin ive just paid of the debt and now the club is makin money finally...yer it must b a record the average wage 4 my player is £54 p/w lol thts ****...yer defence is doin well workin on free players mainly...a coule of long range efforts r starting 2 go but not often enuf...im half way thru the 2nd season and im in 12th so im happy...good luck in spain and the 3rd season

Well done you've done a brilliant job. How did you manage to sign so many players in the first season? I've just started a game with the side and the board are restricting my wages and they are not shifting.

Well done you've done a brilliant job. How did you manage to sign so many players in the first season? I've just started a game with the side and the board are restricting my wages and they are not shifting.

i did go quite a few grand over the wage budget, which meant the club was losing money all season. the promotion windfall made up for this though.

i also got tough with wages. dani wanted 1200pound p/w, i offered 500p/w, we settled on 750p/w. i used a similar technique when negotiating fresh deals with current players. i also released anyone out of contract/part timers/b teamers who werent gonna make it to free up some funds for wages.

there are no superstars at this level so dont take any ****, not with excessive wage demands or players demanding first team football. apart from a select few all of my squad are set to rotation as squad status.

well done on survival. fantastic job on securing pernia for another season as well, hes top notch. i finished mid table so this season im really hoping to push for the playoffs and maybe get a bit of luck on the way.

keep us in the know!!

well done on survival. fantastic job on securing pernia for another season as well, hes top notch. i finished mid table so this season im really hoping to push for the playoffs and maybe get a bit of luck on the way.

keep us in the know!!

Keep it up my friend, persiist with rocamora as he is te **** for me right now. Pernia has been fantastic so far in my third season, im currently mixing it with the big boys at the business end of the table and my hopes for promotion are looking relaistic atm!

january update soon

keep it up as 4 me my days with bognor are gone as the new chairman came in straight away got rid of me after finishing the season in 9th after avoidin relegation was going to b the challenge...so now im chasetown and in my 1st game managed 2 secure a 3-2 home win against maidenhead.

keep it up as 4 me my days with bognor are gone as the new chairman came in straight away got rid of me after finishing the season in 9th after avoidin relegation was going to b the challenge...so now im chasetown and in my 1st game managed 2 secure a 3-2 home win against maidenhead.

ascked for finishing 9th????? that seems unfair lol. i told my cultural chairman i could finish mid table but ended up jsut above the relegation places, fans and board were ecstatic for some reason.

ive played against maidenhead in real life, we also won 3-2 oddly enough lol. the manager at my local club where i was playing after a season of injury at a pro club, used to coach at maidenhead so he organised a friendly which would also double as a trial for some of our boys to see if maidenhead wanted to take us into the glamorous world of semi pro football. they asked me back for another trial but i didnt fancy having to up sticks and still have poo weather in england so i did a year of coaching in australia instead.

yer i was gutted but life goes up the scholers lol...awww nice1 aussie is better anyway lol....yer my my club from Newport wales played against western supre mare in real life and we lost 6-4 i think it was but it was ******* down in rain and of course causse there much fitter than us it showed.

yer i was gutted but life goes up the scholers lol...awww nice1 aussie is better anyway lol....yer my my club from Newport wales played against western supre mare in real life and we lost 6-4 i think it was but it was ******* down in rain and of course causse there much fitter than us it showed.

yeah aussie was nice. i got offered a deal to play and coach at the newly created a-league franchise gold coast galaxy (now gold coast united if im not wrong) when they enter the a league this season, and the gold coast is a very nice part of the world to be i'll have you know. i turned down the deal as it was only for 12 months and i wasnt guaranteed first team football. also, most new franchises that enter the a league finish bottom and then go bust so i didnt fancy not being employed in 12 months time. it would have been a great experience though. my year as a youth coach at queensland roar was still fantastic.

if you ever start a new game with a league 1 or 2 or even a smaller championship club and need some good cheap players. load all players from australia and u will usually unearth a few gems. i coached at queensland roar so im biased but michael zullo, robbie kruse, thomas oar, adam sarota, mitch nicolls, luke devere and tahj minniecon are all great players for the future.

away from the roar, mark milligan could play in the championship now and im sure he will be a prem player in real life in a few years.

no ive gone back 2 my saved game with bognor which is in march and hopefully i want get the sack this time its just annoyin that i got 2 do allthe remamain fixtures again but wont take long...yer i kno the aussie league quite well as family members av moved out there and like the side adelaide united it thinks it united anyway...hows the league goin in spain now any chance of promotion this season

yer adeliade were probs the best team when i was out there. they had two great young players, bruce djite and nathan burns, but both have now moved to 'europe' with Djite at Genclerbirligi in turkey and Burns to AEK Athens i think. i dont know how adelaide are fairing now but they have always been nearer the top of the table than the bottom.

lol i hate ahving to redo a season after reloading a save game. Cultural's season is going well so far, its still early yet as i havent had much playing time over the past couple of days but im in the mix with the favourites at the moment. my young strike force is going great guns after a shaky start. the only down point being a 3 month lay off for german pacheco, slipped disk. but even if they had only managed one goal between them i would still rate them better than last seasons pensioners up front. 'Lemon the Second' Mendes has signed for a newly promoted side and tristan has faded from the spotlight but i dont think he has retired. viduka called it a day though. it annoys me that roberto carlos is currently available on a free, he has plans to retire in 14months time but i cant sign him, only scout him!!! its a glitch that has always hindered the LLM. Saviola is becoming more appreciative of my praise for him though, so things are looking good for a future loan/transfer deal....

yer keep it going with saviola and u shud get him eventually im just about 2 start the july transfer window withbognor finished 9th again lol but futher aheadof 10th this season media predition is 18th butive told the board mid table...ive just signed a new contract...and there is no sign of the chairman wanting 2 leave.. keep going and promotion wont b long just need 2 keep the goals flowing.