**UPDATED** Inspired by: The road from 2nd Div. B1 to the Champions League

mid season update should be done tommorow if anyone is missing their cultural leonesa fix. up and down results so far, thorough hidings at the hands of valencia and real madrid, but good results against some smaller clubs. my defenders are scoring most of my goals while saviola finds his feet.....

this is a great story maytee i think i might start one with my one of my local teams....maybe kiddy harriers

Viva la culturalistas!!!

this is a great story maytee i think i might start one with my one of my local teams....maybe kiddy harriers

Viva la culturalistas!!!

thanks man, yeah go for it, its so rewarding when you are successful with a small club. this is the only llm save that i have made a thread about, most of my others are in england, where its much harder in my opinion to climb the leagues quickly, can take 5 seasosn sometimes to gain promotion as the club might need a complete overhaul in terms of personnell. but stick with it and the good times will roll.

yeah man hurry that update along i want to know the story !!!!

lol it seems i have been making a grave error. i ajve been calling my great team la culturalistas, whereas they are actually known as los culuralistas or la cultu. wouldnt want to get the gender wrong and annoy any spanish speaker on fm base lol.

nearly there with the update, had a busy time at work and to top it all im now in bed feeling awful, possible swine flu!!! i shall not be signing any mexican players for a while in protest lol.

any more news on the club logo ryan? i know u posted the pic on here but i have no idea how to get that into my game lol...

good stuff I have my Exeter (League One start) challenge to fullfill my time now I signed 18 players and only kept a few like James Dunne, Archibald-Henville. Anyway when i'm done with that challenge I may start new in Spain and have a real challenge or may leave and join a lower team, anyways keep updating it's been a nice read :)

Oh and by the time you get Saviola he will be a OAP and be the third coming of lemon

good stuff I have my Exeter (League One start) challenge to fullfill my time now I signed 18 players and only kept a few like James Dunne, Archibald-Henville. Anyway when i'm done with that challenge I may start new in Spain and have a real challenge or may leave and join a lower team, anyways keep updating it's been a nice read :)

Oh and by the time you get Saviola he will be a OAP and be the third coming of lemon

lol i have got saviola, on loan, hes thirty, a comapritive toddler when you consider some of my previous signings....

Hey this is a really great story it insired me to give llm a go im currently playing as curtural and im about the start my second season after getting promoted from B1 but im really struggling to find players that are of good quality that i can get on a free transfer as the board won't give me any money and im already over my wage bill by 1.5k

was wondering if u could give me some advice, the only signing i was able to make at the start was Dani who scored 28 goals for me but i dont think the rest of the squad is up to the challenge of LIGA adelante.

Good luck with your game hope you can do well

Hey this is a really great story it insired me to give llm a go im currently playing as curtural and im about the start my second season after getting promoted from B1 but im really struggling to find players that are of good quality that i can get on a free transfer as the board won't give me any money and im already over my wage bill by 1.5k

was wondering if u could give me some advice, the only signing i was able to make at the start was Dani who scored 28 goals for me but i dont think the rest of the squad is up to the challenge of LIGA adelante.

Good luck with your game hope you can do well

thanks man, mid season update is coming very soon.

the first thing i did after promoton was ahve a massive clearout of the B squad and u19's. i must have released about 25 players who werent going to make it at that level. this freed up lots of wages. i also negotiated new contracts with big players on less wages. ie rocamora went from £900p/w to £750p/w or something similar. keep trying with lower offers, slowly raising the amount offered if they reject, they usually accept before u reach their current wage amount. do the same with new signing, offer less than they want and they will usually compromise in the middle.

also in my second season i began to look towards youth, who demand less for their wages. gonzalo baretto, german pacheco etc all asked for minimal wages.

HAVE YOU GOT ROCAMORA??? If not then sign him up now!!!!! they man is a beast, hes a 20 goal a season midfielder in every league hes played in, 2 B1, liga adelante, liga bbva... hes played at every level of spainish football and banged them in.

also matej rapnik is a fully capped international defender but was willing to come to me when i was in 2b1, look out for these cheap young players who are full nationals for smaller east european/south america countries like slovenia, slovakia, chile, venezuea etc

Hmm well im a few games into the season now and its going pretty badly w1 d1 l5. i cleared out a few players not as many as you though and ive signed some more as the board gave me more money but the transfer window has closed now and i see i really need a better keeper but ill have to keep letting in cheap goals till the next window.

i tried to sign rocamora but someone else offered him a better contract i guess as he signed for another team instead. Also matej rapnik doesn't seem to exist in my game for some reason ive searched for him a number of times but he doesn't seem to be around. I still have 400k left which i will spend next window. the rather high wage budget i was given has allowed me to adjust to allow an extra 300k for transfers.

My Job status has just dropped like a rock from very secure at the end of last season to very insecure. i think im going to get sacked before the next transfer window :<

Last edited:
Good job :) just doing something similar with dreams of getting Burton into the Premier League :) just missed playoffs in season 1 but a couple of tweaks to tactics and 1 or 2 players in and im 27 unbeaten in the league!

Unfortunately i dont think i can keep the higher league clubs off Shaun Harrad (22 goals) when January comes so need to find a replacement fast!

In spain you have a long pre-season so you should arrange lots of cups when your in B1, gets your budgets up and therefore you are in a better financial postion worked fantastically for me in BSS/BSP/L1

Reading your 2010 story. You insipred me to start with a Lower League Spanish team!

Just read through all of this XD