Updates haven't been applied to my game

chack1

Reaction score
Hi Guys so there has been a couple of updates released for FM12 now but for some reason my football manager is still on 12.0.0 (i think that's what it's called, the original version).

Steam did pop up with the little box saying football manager update has been downloaded, but whenever i try and start a new game only the default option comes up and the version is 12.0.0.

I contacted steam and they replied basically saying that it isn't their problem. I have tried uninstalling the game and steam and installing them again but still no update.

if somebody knows how to help or could giveme a step by step guide of fixing the problem i'd really appreciate it.

it's unfortunate that the game can only be run through steam now as i would have been able to download the update manually like in previous versions:(

The patches were not databse changes, just bug fixes. So the only selectable database is still 12.0.0

The patches were 12.0.3 and 12.0.4. When a database change is released, the patch will be known as 12.1.0

So how do you get to install the new patches? How do you know when theyve been installed? Steam is really annoying me. It says something about restating your client for downloads to happen. wtf does that even mean?

Steam is the client. You need to restart it to patch the game if you were playing in offline mode.

So how do you get to install the new patches? How do you know when theyve been installed? Steam is really annoying me. It says something about restating your client for downloads to happen. wtf does that even mean?

Thank you Jake. I get it now, and when you actually select the default database it then says version 12.0.4 at the top...

i've been stressing about it all week and now i feel like a right numpty

Thanks again Jake!