Updating an already good tactic to the new 15.3.1 patch!

wizrdfck

Reaction score
Hi, I found a really good tactic late in 2014 for the 15.2.1 patch, I got great results with different type of teams.
Now after the new patch was released the tactic is still pretty decent, but not as incredible as it was on the earlier patch. So, my reason for this post is; could you guys help me tweak it to become an unbeatable tactic again?

All the credit for creating this tactic ([url]http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2015-tactics/211472-4-6-0-joss-win-die-testers-needed.html)[/URL] goes to lechibaw.

About the tactic: It's a 4-6-0 formation, 1 DM, 2 CM and 3 OM, so no strikers. Test it with whatever team you like, but I do recommend a team that already have a couple of good OM's, as they are the ones producing most of the goals. For your AM's, look for players like Munir, Ben Yedder, Erick Torres, Mata, Jese etc. Players who can both create chances and score goals.

Cheers, hope this gets anyones attention and motivation for a test tactic :)

Tactic is great, the main idea is 10 years ahead, it basically solves every tactical problem ever if you apply a few tweaks. I use it consistently with my TFC squad. Going well so far. "Retain possession" is horrible, unselect it.

So you have used this tactic for you Spurs team? How has it gone so far? Have you made any changes to the tactic? If so, what kind of changes?

Glad to hear you enjoy it, keep me updated :)

I am curious about this. I went ahead and tried to make one. Lost 0-1 to dead last place team. After 40 games, I am the only second team that they managed to beat, lol. Talk about embarrassment. Should I go with 3 shadow strikers or something, give me some initial thoughts that I could try out...

Haha you have to give it more time, but yeah, use three shadow strikers. That has worked well for me so for. You can try to experiment with the PI or change the roles which might suite your type of players, but I have only used shadow strikers. Which team are you managing?

Let's hope for no more embarrassing results, and good luck!

I am actually managing media predicted to finish relegation area in Premier Conference (I got promoted from South with Guiseley club) I will try it out lol. A working tactic for underdog team would be great!

Edit: that 0-1 game, I went with 3 AM-A with dribble more PI (plus others) I think I need to give my team time to learn how to play the formation. (and I changed to it during the season rather than beginning)

Edit2: What fluidity should I go with? structured...fluid..flexible?

Last edited:
So you have used this tactic for you Spurs team? How has it gone so far? Have you made any changes to the tactic? If so, what kind of changes?

Glad to hear you enjoy it, keep me updated :)

Not Spurs, I've used it with Toulouse FC, it works ok and produces a lot of chances. I unchecked retain possesion as said and set the mcl and mcr postions to more direct, and I'm experimenting on the passes up-front. I am also using the central midfielder in a support role (and maybe I'll put him to dlp too). I consider it to be a tactic that is for good leagues and players and almost impossible to work for LLM I think.