John-M-B

Reaction score
So basically have a pc, advent 2102 with the fox conn g31mx-k motherboard. it has a 1 pcei x16 slot and the processor is a intel pentium e5400 with 3gb ram.

im wanting to upgrade the graphics as it cant even handle a match in 3d, also will have to upgrade the power supply.

if anyone could link me to good but not over priced upgrades id be very grateful.
thanks.

There's no point whatsoever trying to improve that PC. Save up and build a new one.

There's no point whatsoever trying to improve that PC. Save up and build a new one.

not really an option for me, ill be upgrading cpu eventually to and will gain an extra 1ghz even though i managing very well with how it runs currently

Last edited:
You've got a 6 year old motherboard, a poor case and a 5 year old processor. You're wasting money trying to upgrade that PC. You're going to need to upgrade the case, power supply, and then the graphics card. At which point either the graphics card will have to be very poor and not be able to run the game well, or the rest of your PC will bottleneck it. You'll then have to upgrade the processor and the RAM.

You've got a 6 year old motherboard, a poor case and a 5 year old processor. You're wasting money trying to upgrade that PC. You're going to need to upgrade the case, power supply, and then the graphics card. At which point either the graphics card will have to be very poor and not be able to run the game well, or the rest of your PC will bottleneck it. You'll then have to upgrade the processor and the RAM.

Atleast this way I can don't step by step. I already have a power supply to change to 750w, I can get a good case no problem, I just need to change cpu and graphics card which I can't do. Excuse my lack of knowledge but what's bottle necking?

Yeah I agree with above comments, everything is 5-6 years old, might as well save up and build a new PC entirely - won't get the best out of new modern GPUs with that processor/motherboard - If you really are just going to buy a GPU then what is your budget?

If you mainly play FM & not many graphics intensive games, i highly recommend an AMD APU. You can pick up a dual core version, with motherboard & 4GB RAM for around £100 new on ebay. It will probably all fit into your case & current power supply aswell...

Yeah I agree with above comments, everything is 5-6 years old, might as well save up and build a new PC entirely - won't get the best out of new modern GPUs with that processor/motherboard - If you really are just going to buy a GPU then what is your budget?

im not really looking to get an amazing pc, just want to play fm15 in 3d as 2d sucks..
probably around 75-100£

If you mainly play FM & not many graphics intensive games, i highly recommend an AMD APU. You can pick up a dual core version, with motherboard & 4GB RAM for around £100 new on ebay. It will probably all fit into your case & current power supply aswell...
i found the amd apu for 70£, what motherboard would you say to fit in with this?

i found the amd apu for 70£, what motherboard would you say to fit in with this?

Look for a bundle deal where you get the APU, motherboard & RAM together as it will be a lot cheaper that way.