Uprooting the Foundations- A Journeyman Story

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 6K
really like this mate, just read through it all again. I think you should stay, well I hope you do, maybe another offer could be around the corner.

December 2011:

Should I stay or should i go? The Premiership is a huge league and would give me a great chance to showcase my talents. I seriously considered it but at the end of the day I am a Liverpool fan and I couldnt imagine managing their arch rivals. I called Kenwright back and informed him of my decision. He says he didnt know of my affinity for Liverpool and wished me all the best. I began to look to the future as we had just won the MLS and now New England would play in the North American Champions League(NACL) next season. The thought of that competition gave me goosebumps. If we did well in it, it would do wonders for my reputation. So I rang the Chairman and told him of Evertons intrest. He was over the moon I decided to stay and promised me the resources to sign a big name in the following season and wished me luck in the draft which would commence in a few weeks.

January 2012:

January was a quiet month really and I spent most of my time watching youngsters who were reccomended to me in the draft. 2 players stood out in my opinion. Defender Billy Taylor and Striker Aaron Blanco. Both are being labelled 2 of the brightest prospects of recent years. Both impressed me in their 3 matches before the draft. The draft day came and I had the 12th pick in the first round. Billy Taylor was the first name to go to Sporting Kansas. ****, I wonder if Kansas will swap him for some of my players as he is a top prospect. My turn came around and to my suprise Blance was still available so he was my automatic pick. I then also picked up Ignacio Alvarez and Warren Bautista in the second and third round. After that there wasnt much to choose from so I left the draft with those 3 players.

View attachment 235065View attachment 235066View attachment 235067

Febuary 2012:
I was really happy with my 3 draft signings and I decided not to sign anybody from the supplemental draft as they wernt of the required quality. Another boost for me was Guti decided to stay for an extra season and he would be invaluable in my hopes to defend the league title. And joining Guti as a designated player would be a former European international striker who has a proven track record of scoring goals both domestically and internationally. His name cannot be released right now but would be revealed on the first of July when he signed.
In other news the club did will in our friendly games this month. We lost 1-0 to West Brom wich would be the only goal we conceded in pre season with keeper Jon Busch guarding the posts.The major suprise was a 2-0 win against Sunderland and also a scoreless draw against Anderlecht who are Belgian champions.
View attachment 235068

That concluded pre season for us and now the team were itching to see how we would do in the regular season.

Authors Note:
Just want to say sorry about not updating the past week. Been quite busy with course work, other projects and computer playing up. Anyway I havnt forgot abvout this and here is the March, April and May Update.

March 2012:
The boys were buzzing to be back. I could see it in their eyes. They were hungry, after tasting sucess they wanted more. We sat in the home team dressing room waiting to start our first match of the season against Philadelphia. I dinnt feel the need to say much. Saying things at this point could only damage the teams spirits. The sun was beaming outside and there was only a mild breeze. It felt strange compared to March's usual unpredicatable weather. Today was the day I though we show our real class and show why were champions. The boys didnt dissapoint and despite only being 1-0 up at half time we completely outplayed our opponents. We ran out comfortable 3-0 winners in the end. Guti, Riordan and Manselly all scored brilliant efforts. Next up we travelled to Washington where we would face DC United in what would prove to be a big match for us. We played well and the scores were deadlocked at half time. But the second half turned out to be a cracker and thanks to a Derek Riordan double we drew the match 2-2. Riordan has been nothing short of a revelation since he arrived. Most people doubted him at first but he has shown his class and despite his lack of pace he bangs the goals in.
View attachment 237599

April and May 2012:
Despite the misery of not winning our last 2 away games against Huston and Salt Lake we pt that behind us when we comfortably beat Seattle at home 5-1. It was an emphatic win for us. Most considered Seattle to be the team to watch this season and they were in good form. A brace from both Riordan and Mancally along with a Sharili Joseph penalty seen us jump up the table into 3rd. We followed this up with a 3-0 win against San Jose to start May as the top team in the conference. A Guti own goal seen us crash to defeat to Columbus after we failed to hit the back of the net. Finally this was followed up by a 1-0 win against FC Dallas and we had to thank Riordan for saving the team. The lad has been on fire and scored numerous goals. Another hilight this match was that Aaron Blanco, our draft pick and star of the future made his debut and was well recieved by the fans.
View attachment 237600

Will get 2 more updates done today to finish out this season. Trying to get through them so i get up to date and can take real time table screenshots. Both the next updates will have accurate Tables.

I've read this from the start,really good.
Is there going to be a new update?

I've read this from the start,really good.
Is there going to be a new update?

There will be updates when I have time. Busy with my course work and the legends db thread. Ill try get an update soonish

June 2012:
We picked up where we left off in May with a stunning 1-0 win against Chicago. Clyde Simms scored our only goal of the match. The players did brilliantly and limited Chicago to just one shot on goal the entire match. The only bad point to the match was an injury sustained by Guti. We would have to wait until a scan confirmed it but it looked as if he had torn his hamstring which could put him out for up to 3 months. Next up was a 4-0 win against Sporting Kansas. We dominated yet again but this time converted our chances into goals. Kenny Manselly and Aaron Blanco scored wonderful individual efforts along with a brace from Derek Riordan. Results of Gutis scan came back to us and luckily he only strained his hamstring which means he would only miss about a month. It was a boost to all the lads. Next up were emphatic wins against Chivas and LA before we stumbled and drew with both DC United and Salt Lake. Despite the slip up we were 8 points clear in our conference and looked like real contenders again this year. Derek Riordan has been in superb form scoring 7 goals in his last 5 games. On the youth front Aaron Blanco has also been in good form and has been called up to the senior international squad.
View attachment 240857

July 2012:
We started July in style by capturing a footblling legend. He would lead our frontline and hopefully make us competitive in the NACL. Matchwise we excelled this month winning 7 games and lost just once to Toronto which was actually a close game. The hilight was our 5-1 win against Chivas where Aaron Blanco scored 2 goals and also our new signing scored a hat trick. We also won the US Cup 3rd round and quarter final against Ocena City and San Jose respectively to set up a semi final date with Seattle. We now lead the conference by 12 points and the overall division by 8 points. We looked to be on course to win the Supporters Shield this year. Our new signing has been a revalation for us by scoring 12 goals in his opening 10 games.Next month would be pivitol in our season as we look to continue our fine form in the MLS and the US cup and we also start our NACL group games which would be drawn in the first week of next month.
View attachment 240856

A Star is Reborn:
I sit on my rooftop terrace of my apartment. After being rewarded with a new contract which gave me a handsome signing bonus I decided to revamp my apartments rooftop. I converted the rooftop into a garden with all manner of exotic plants. Lavender bushes sorround my little glass coffee table where I sit. This is my tranquill place where I can escape to when stress gets the better of me. What they say about Football Management is true. Its a ruthless game and the stress gets to managers. I look back at how some high profile names have cracked. Kenny Dalglish gets more eccentric by the day, Harry Redknapp seen his Spurs side slip out of the Champions League places and he was sacked. Just a few months ago Andre Villas Boas couldnt control himself at Chelsea. Anyway enough about that, for once I have a guest on my rooftop. It is strange for me as this is my private place and I never invite guests up here. Paperwork fills the glass table as the sun beams down on us. My guest says how excited he is to start this new chapter of his career and asks where he should sign. I show him and he signs his name on the dotted line. Michael Owen. I cant believe I pulled off this masterstroke. Some people will question his fitness and desire but I know deep down that Michael will add a new element to our team and give us a real cutting edge. Owen will be the new crowd favourite in America and will be idolised much like Beckham and Thierry Henry are now. We wanted to keep the deal a secret to build up anticipation. Im sure our fans will be delighted with the signing. I tell Michael we would now go to the stadium where the press and a small fan base would be gathered to officially unveil him to the MLS. He agrees and we leave the partment and leave in my car for the stadium...To be continued

*sorry about the lack of updates lately. Lost my inspiration but feel like its coming back now so expect updates more often. Comment and like if your following

Yay! He's back, really like this story, only one of a few I'm following at the moment. Check mine out, would love to know what u think. Cheers

I tried an MLS save before but I couldn't understand all the drafts etc

Anyway good story

View attachment 240978
Today on the 1st of August we have seen the draw for the Concaf Champions League. New England have been handed a group that includes Comunicaciones of Guatemala, Diriangen of Nicaragua and Cruz Azul of Mexico. New England will be expected to coast through the group stages as runners up to Cruz Azul. Key to all this will be Michael Owen who has been a revelation up front since signing for the club.Other rumours around the club suggest that manager Murphy is due to sign yet another contract extention following intrest from numerous European clubs.

August 2012:
What a month. 3 wins and 2 draws in the league kept us in pole position seen us remain first overall but other clubs have began to improve and our lead at the top has been cut dramatically. But we have pretty much secured a playoff place unless the team implodes. Better still was a 6-0 win against Comunicaciones and a 2-1 away win to Cruz Azul. This was really a freak result as Cruz Azul had a stronger squad on paper. We looked comfortable on the ball and were worthy winners.

View attachment 240980View attachment 240983View attachment 240984View attachment 240982

September 2012:
September was a month of mixed fortunes for us. We did well in the US cup and the NACL which made up for our sketchy league form. The hilight was a 8-0 win in the NACL but I told the players our league form was dreadful. 7 points from a possible 12 wasnt good enough for me. Owen has been on form all month and scored over a goal a game. However Derek Riordan has been poor and only scored 1 goal in his last 6 games.The best domestic match this month was a 5-3 win against Toronto. The team was on fire with a goal from Guti and a double from Michael Owen and Aaron Blanco.

View attachment 240981

"ring, ring"....I awoke in the middle of the night and look at my alarm clock. "4am, who in the world could this be I wonder". A muffeled voice speaks to me on the phone and my heart sinks as I barely fathom what I hear. I tell the speaker on the phone that I will do what I can and will see them soon. Who was the mystery caller and where was I going? Stay tuned to find out....

* Sorry the update is kind of short. Just trying to get this season done so I can continue in real time. Thanks for following

You had quite an easy NACL group...
I wonder who the caller is

Yeah well in fairness any group is pretty easy. You can only get drawn alongside one mexican side and the other teams are generally poor. But anything can happen in football :P

The caller...all will be revealed in good time. Expect a twist... Will update this evening when i get home :)

Ooooo Who's on the phone??? Look forward to finding out.

Thanks for your comments on mine, Ive taken them on board.

Cheers.

Back