aligreen

Reaction score
HELP ME

i have been playing FM since FM2010. ive always been a person who likes to set themselves a challenge, this year on FM2013 i wanted to try and win everything with PSG, however, it is not going very well at the moment. the current standings arent looking great with me 3rd after 15 games:

View attachment 287269

but i do not get why when i have set my team up with new signings such as m'vila, moussa sissoko and kurt zouma. my team is lined up in a 4231 with 2 cbs, (1 bpd cover, 1 ld defend) 2 wb attacking, an anchor man in RDM, LCM DLP defend, then 2 wingers (Inside forwards support), Advanced playmaker support and an attacking Advanced Forward.

View attachment 287270

someone please suggest how i can improve this team thank you muchly.

I assume goals arent a problem, but you are concedig more than you would like?

Your formation is horrendous. How many teams play with 2 at the back in real life?

I assume goals arent a problem, but you are concedig more than you would like?

Your formation is horrendous. How many teams play with 2 at the back in real life?

haha you'll be surprised, sometimes i score 2/3 some games i'd rather put myself on as a sub to get a goal. I also have an Anchor man who is supposed to sit in front of the two centre backs and protect them

Yes but still, most teams in real life play with an anchor man AND a back four.

If you want to use wingbacks i would suggest playing a back 3, as Liverpool have done recently in real life.

Posh also use a back 3 with wingback (little fact). but okay, next 5 games i'll drop them back to fullbacks attacking and i'll post the results.

Yes but still, most teams in real life play with an anchor man AND a back four.

If you want to use wingbacks i would suggest playing a back 3, as Liverpool have done recently in real life.

okay i took your advice. Admittedly it did work in the first game as i beat porto 5-1 then i lost to fc lorient 2-1 and coincedentally got sacked. i restarted at PSG and these were my first four results this season: View attachment 287395

HELP is still Required

My friend,

Tactically speaking if you are still using that absurd formation, you should consider playing at least 8/11 in their original positions...

Maxwell and Van der Wiel are ok as wing-backs but they are natural playing in line with the centre backs.
Try pushing M'Vila up next to Marco Verratti and give a defensive role.
Forget the Inside Attackers, has they do not work, use Wingers and get the Left and Right backs to overlap hitting crosses from 3/4 out.
Use Zlatan in the box has a pocher.

Bear in mind your team moral, they have been in a huge slump so try to play less creative and more solid straight forward football, you will still have all the creativity of Pastore and Verratti plus if Lucas is in by now you can also consider using 3 Attacking Midfielders instead of wingers and play a "Barça" type of football have Lavezzi, Pastore and Lucas behind your target man.

Tactics aside I believe that your core issue in short-term is really team moral. Have a team talk try to boost them up make sure in your weekly training you train your tactics and team work, and good luck!