Urgent Help With Arsenal!!!

bassface

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys this is my first post as I have had FM 2009 for a while now and haven't got past January with any team I've played with due to pure frustration and nearly throwing the laptop at the wall a few times :mad:

My problem being every time I play with any team I have a fantastic pre-season scoring many goals, but when the Premiership starts, I seem to drop points like a Juande Ramos Spurs squad.

Last time with Arsenal I lost 3-1 away to Sunderland and saw hardly any of the ball playing with Willsters new Man Utd home and away formation.

My 3 signings were Palombo, Aguero and Ajero (I think thats how you spell it), with Aguero getting a few goals, but Adebayor didn't do much, Wallcott on the right out played, Gallas constantly giving away free kicks, V.Persie not touching the ball atall.

Please help before my laptop ends up in the skip and i defect back to Championship Manager ;(

Tactics and Training Methods would be good, aswell as a few opinions on where I'm going wrong with any team i play with.

I'm really struggling arghhhh :p

play simple 4-4-2 wingers and full-backs running down the flanks use adebayor as target man to hold up the ball and give him free role and let carlos vela play off him

i suggest you start again buy marcos senna for about 8m and sign cazorla for about 18m cazorla hasnt got good stats but he does perform really well for me anyway 10 goals 19 assists in first season

give fabregas alot of creative freedom and play marcos senna in mc beside him and be PATIENCE thats the key to fm dont get frustrated and dont always change your tactics let your players gel together and let them get used to the formation etc.

sorry for the layout. :)

Last edited:
get van persie to tutor vela he turns immense DONT SELL HIM if you dont know how to tutor i am glad to help.

In my Nottingham Forest season my first 20 games were won 5 drawn 8 lost 7 but turned it around and finished 8th could of got play-offs but got whooped 5-0 by southampton.

Nottingham forest are media predicted 17th so finishing 8th was great! if i got in play-offs would of been better but oh well. ITS ALL ABOUT PATIENCE :)

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah could you please tell me how to tutor players, I've seen something about it on the game but haven't clocked on to how to do it.

Yeah i know it's all about paitence, otherwise if you managed to win every game easily on FM 2009 you would probably get the England job for life :-D

It's just when i loose unrealistic games i.e the Sunderland one i mention, evern though the way Arsenal have played this season maybe that was realistic :p

its kind of hard to explain -

for example you wanted to tutor vela click on him then go on 'Player Interaction' then at the bottom of the screen it should say 'linked players' to the right of that choose van persie then scroll up and where it says 'Learn from player(internal) tick - state that you see van perise as the ideal role model for vela :)

sorry for the layout lol

hope it doesnt confuse you.

And yh i support arsenal too everything going bad for arsenal at the minute fabregas out for 4 months, gallas causing riots in the dressing room, Our best defender kolo toure might be leaving for man city :(

Cheers. Na layout was fine, I find it easier reading like that than bullet points etc.

Right going to have another go now fingers crossed :D

if your starting a new season with arsenal make sure you sign senna,cazorla because fabregas, senna and cazorla are all spanish which helps.

God tell me about it, Ive spent over £500 this season on Arsenal going to games, shirts, etc and they haven't impressed! The best game i went to this season was the kids vs Wigan C/Cup, says something when the kids play better than the established 1st team.

On the up side we could be getting Arshavin, who I like to call **** Shaving lol:D

play clichy at DL with arrow pointing up,sagna rb again with arrow up,kolo n djourou at cb, vela at aml arrow up, walcott amr arrow up,palombo at mc arrow down,fabby mc arrow up,rvp left st, n ade r st .
and at gk i brought c.kamani, if any of the players are under 6.0 at half time i tell them i`m dissapointed or angry! good luck! **** shaving lol!

Thanks, I tried this exact tactic before but without the keeper you said. Did you put any team instructions with this or just leave it?

try this pal! i play 5 in mid when playing bigger teams!