Uruaguayan Orphan Appointed New Birmingham Boss

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyck

Reaction score

Uruaguayan Orphan takes charge at St Andrews

Alex Mcleish has left Birmingham City today aftera riff with new owner Carson Yeung, McLeish stated Yeung was rccommending players to him and not letting him choose his own transfers. With immediate effect yeung appointed Rookie boss Dan Clarke an orphan born in MonteVideo the capital of Uruaguay. Clarkes father was from Uruguay and he died when he Clarke was just 1, and he moved back to England with his mother who died 3 months later. Clarke was orphanedin Leeds on England and was signed by Bradford City whe he was 12 andmade 47 First team appearances for The Bantams scoring 20 goals at the club he moved to Championship side Sheffield United and made 6 u-21 caps for Uruguay scoring 6 goals, however is career was devastatingly shattered at the 1993 U-21 world cup when a horrible tackle shattered hisknee and was told he could never play again.

At least he can take part in Physical activity now. Assoon as he left Sheffield he took time out of the game and later on took coaching badge he was Caretaker manager of Argentinian Club Velez in 2003 and guided them to safety with 19matches in charge and also had a background technical role with Uruguay in thei surprising 2010 Fifa World Cup Campaign which saw them get to the quater finals. Clarke has a 3 year deal and said this

' I am delihted to be appointed manager of such a big club like Birmingham, despite critiscism I feel I have the faith and ability within myself to takethis club to glory Carson wants europe within 4 years and I think I can do that, theres a good setup here and I'm ecstatic it really is a dream come true'

Woth Yeung providng him with a wealthy budgt of £29 million to finish mid-table Clarke will certainly be dipping his toes into the water.

UPDATE SOON !

I'm from uruguay and don't know this player..

View attachment 99075New Birmigham boss splashes cash!

With £29 million at his disposal it was obvious Clarke was to splash the cash, and thats what he did exactly Clarke had so far decided to bring in 9 new faces and here they are:

Scott Parker, signed from West Ham for £10million the tireless tenascious midfielder is to be key to Clarkes and Birminghams hopes this season.

The USA Captain has signed for £7.5 million and is also to be a key player for the Blue this season, Donovan expressed his delight at joining Birmigham.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...etien&um=1&hl=en&rlz=1R2ADBF_en-GB&tbs=isch:1
Michael Chetrien signed from Monaco for £6million an experienced Moroccan International Right back and Centre Back, He isset to play a key role also and found The Blues too good to turn down, Clarke was ecstatic with this signing.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...etien&um=1&hl=en&rlz=1R2ADBF_en-GB&tbs=isch:1

England U-21 International and recently senior capped Scott Loach signed from Warford for £2.2 million is set to have a bright future for England and Clarke see him as competition for Ben Foster Clarke was deighted with the signing and said it was a bargain.

Scotland U-21 Internationl John Fleck also set for a bright future, he 17 year old signed from Rangers for £4.5 million.

Lacina Traore, dubbed the Next Didier Drigba snapped up from CFR Cluj for a bargain £1.2million one for the future claimed Clarke.

Marco Veratti signed from Pescara for 800k another one for the future andis set to be used in the league Cup campaign at St Andrews this season.

A few also left; notably Maik Taylor, Lee Bowyer on loan to Lyon and Garry O'Connor to Blackburn for 600k​

And with 2 weeks left in the transfer market who knows what could happen?

Screenshots of Transfers in full: View attachment 99075

Pre Season Results

St Andrews Shield -

SF - Birmingham 5-1 Anderlecht
Jerome 30
O'Connor 61, 90
Larsson 66
Ferguson (Pen 81)

F- Birmingham 2-3 Zagreb
Larsson 28
Bowyer 88

Motherwell 0-1 Birmingham
Larsson 50
Falkirk 0-0 Birmingham

Leicster 0-0 Birmingham

Peterborough 2-3 Birmingham
Ferguson 42,66
Rowe (OG) 10
Aberdeen 0-4 Birmingham
Traore 1,60
Larsson 20
Ferguson 78
Rochdale 0-4 Birmingham
Traore 2,44,65,90
Clftonville 1-7 Birmingham
Mcfadden 5
Donovan 20,60,78
Zigic 39
Larsson 50
Gardner (Pen 81)
GH Academy 1- 4Birmingham
Traore 11,51
Zigic 45
McFadden 60
AZ Alkmaar 1-0 Birmingham

An entusiastic Pre_season with only 2 losses, and some big convinicing wins and many good individual performances.

Top Goalscorer of Pre Season

The rangy Striker banged in 8 in 11 games including 4goals and 2 goals in games.

Top Performer

James McFadden worked his socks off on pre season and maaged an average rating of 7.30 he banged in a few goals too, however Clarke has told hm he is only going to be a bckup player this season.

UDATE ON EPL SOON!
btw anything you uys think i should do, do you liek he updates? feedback welcomed!

cheers for the comments guys very motivating and yes, Dan Clarke is me!

August update
MEDIOCRE START FOR NEW BLUES BOSS BUT MORE BROUGHT IN

Dan Clarke brought 2 more players in before the end of the window to bolster his squad,

Luman Haruna and Georginio Wijnaldum were brougt in fora combined fee of £10.6million from AS Monaco nd Ajax, Haruna has being loaned back to Monaco untl Jan.
West Ham 1 - 1 Birmingham

Donovan (Pen 25)
Carlton Cole 87

Blackpool 0 - 1 Birmingham

Donovan 80

Birmingham 1 - 4 Man City

Zigic 51
Robinho 5,45
Silva 62
Tevez 90

Exeter City 0 - 2 Birmingham

Zigic 50
J O'Shea 83

Wolves 1 - 1 Birmingham

Doyle 39
Traore 80

Mediocre start but some encouraging performances from Donovan, Traore and the defence hasnt been that bad, The scoreline flattered Man City but both my CB's were taken off i second half leaving me to put Scott Parker and a LB thre. Encouraging in the league cup too as i fielded many youngsters.

Other BCFC News:

We have drawn QPR at Home in the League Cup
Louis Jerome Dieme a signing from Roma has joined Walsall on loan for season.

League Table:
View attachment 99083

Performer of the month:

Landon Donovan - The US Striker scored twice in 4 games and claimed a man of the match once he looks to be a good signing.​

Well done. Donavan, Parker, Fleck and Loach transfers are very good!

Nice transfers mate!!! Donovan has been performing 4 u! Darn should have bought him!! Oh and also a little tip I might be being picky but that man city colour is hard to see maybe a little bit darker? But the rest simply superb
mate!!! Also check out my story if you want ... From Russia to win-a chelsea fc story... Thnaks and good luck will follow ;)

Last edited:
Blues Announce New Kits!
Today Birmingham City FC signed a four year deal with Vodafone for kits, and immediately launched a new home and away strip and here they are,
attachment.php
attachment.php

HOME AWAY
Blues boss Clarke is delighted with the new kits stating they are very modern and came out better than he expected. THANKS TO GJTANK FOR THE KITS!

September and October Update

September;

Blackburn 0 - 1 Birmingham
Nikola Zigic 55

Birmingham 0 - 2 Bolton

Birmngham 2 - 0 QPR
Lacina Traore 12, 50

Birmingham 1 - 2 Liverpool
Zigic 2

Well, two wins from 4 not bad but we have slipped in th table and need to push back up and also not scoring too many goals only scraping games we should be winning.

OCTOBER;

Birmingham 1 - 3 Tottenham
Zigic 25
Fulham 1 - 1 Birmingham
Zigic 2
Newcastle 4 - 1 Birmingham
Jerome 90
Birmingham 1 - 2 West Ham (LC)
Jerome 60

Horrible couple of months tbh, really need to buck up our ideas and push up the table lying 16th now Newcatle desttroyed us Tottenham we were ahead but they ripped us in secod half and were poor against West Ham.

Status
Not open for further replies.