Resource icon

USA - 9 Tier Pro/Rel Database v2.0

How is the transfer market? Still uses the "american way" with cap space and draft or have a normal way yo buy players? And what did you do to the affliate teams that MLS clubs have?

How is the transfer market? Still uses the "american way" with cap space and draft or have a normal way yo buy players? And what did you do to the affliate teams that MLS clubs have?
The "american way" is done for. Think of it as an open market like UK has.

As for the affiliate teams, those still exist because they are teams in the DB and I didn't want to get rid of them but I have been debating about removing the affiliations. To me, it didn't make sense to have LA Galaxy II and not have the affiliation so I have been debating just getting rid of those teams altogether but it'll change the structure of the pyramid.

Hey @FM Digi!

Huge fan of this database, I've used it a bunch and I like to go in and up the reputations to make the US tier more like one of the "top 5" -- however, after adjusting some reputations, I can't validate the second tier, as it says there are only 23 of 24 teams for stage 0.

When I look at the teams in the division, it shows all 24. Any ideas what's going on?

Hey @FM Digi!

Huge fan of this database, I've used it a bunch and I like to go in and up the reputations to make the US tier more like one of the "top 5" -- however, after adjusting some reputations, I can't validate the second tier, as it says there are only 23 of 24 teams for stage 0.

When I look at the teams in the division, it shows all 24. Any ideas what's going on?
Hey there. Sorry for taking all day to reply.

Thanks for the kind words. The DB is a bit finicky with some of the academies in the pyramid and having them in the same league as parent club. I think that's what is causing the validation errors. If you keep trying, eventually they will all pass but it does take several attempts. It's a huge pain but one I have seen over and over again.

How does the work permit system here work?
Works very similar to England. I did drop the "Days to wait for next application" from 120 to 90 and also set any NA nation as non-foreign.
workPermit.PNG

Hey there. Sorry for taking all day to reply.

Thanks for the kind words. The DB is a bit finicky with some of the academies in the pyramid and having them in the same league as parent club. I think that's what is causing the validation errors. If you keep trying, eventually they will all pass but it does take several attempts. It's a huge pain but one I have seen over and over again.

Cheers, I wouldn't ahve thought to just keep blasting through it, I'll just hammer away and see what I can sort out!

I got all but the bottom 2 to verify, that's good enough for me, lol.

Thanks!

I got all but the bottom 2 to verify, that's good enough for me, lol.

Thanks!
It'll eventually work if you keep trying. It's a pain I know but I can't figure out a better way other than removing all the teams and re-adding from scratch.

Love it. Can't wait for it to be available for FM20

I didn't seem to get any youth candidates in June 2020. Looks like some regens appeared in the database that month, but nothing into my youth setup. Hoping some come in the following June.

I didn't seem to get any youth candidates in June 2020. Looks like some regens appeared in the database that month, but nothing into my youth setup. Hoping some come in the following June.

Didn't get any in June 2021 either.

Didn't get any in June 2021 either.
Yeah that’s an issue someone found the other day and I’ve verified it. I think it’s because there’s something hard coded in the database for USA as I tested with a Canadian league and saw it do a proper intake. I then swapped one of those Canadian teams with a USA team and the Canadian team didn’t do an intake while the USA team did.

not sure how to fix that but I’m actively trying different things.
You should have seen a few new gems show up unannounced though.

@FM Digi - curious if you could give me a hand in understanding how to manage these reserves.

I'm playing as the Timbers, there's a U23, U18, and Portland 2 (reserves) team.

Portland 2 is the only one that has a league to compete in. I've hired up staff on them as best I can fit -- there are options for delegating player scquisition and the like, but if I choose to control it myself, I can't figure out how to sign players to Portland 2 contracts specifically and if I delegate it, my managers aren't filling the team with players.

What's the recommended strategy to be sure I'm suing this set up correctly?

@FM Digi - curious if you could give me a hand in understanding how to manage these reserves.

I'm playing as the Timbers, there's a U23, U18, and Portland 2 (reserves) team.

Portland 2 is the only one that has a league to compete in. I've hired up staff on them as best I can fit -- there are options for delegating player scquisition and the like, but if I choose to control it myself, I can't figure out how to sign players to Portland 2 contracts specifically and if I delegate it, my managers aren't filling the team with players.

What's the recommended strategy to be sure I'm suing this set up correctly?
I had a devil of a time with the U23 and U18 teams setting them up and eventually had to remove them as there seems to be a bug in the Editor about that.

As for reserves teams, I'm not sure. Those teams act the same as they do in the Vanilla DB from FM and I didn't update them other than assign to a league based on rep.

So the Youth Intake thing has been bothering me a lot so today I went and put all of the US in Canada and holiday'd for a few seasons. I saw that every US team (well in Canada now) had a proper youth intake. So because of this I know it's something hard coded within the game to not have youth intake in the USA.

If anyone knows how to fix this, I will owe you a high five of epic magnitude. It's bugging me and I want to figure it out.

I Wanted to start playing but I will wait till you're done with Youth Intake.
I also wanted to ask you a few things, could you expand the subs from 7 to 12. And in Tournaments 3 +1/12
Its for Modern days football and I'm planning on playing alot of seasons.
Also the U23 and U18 teams dont have a competition, Ive played last year with a Dutch competitions Pyramid and I could even pro/rel with my youth teams.
With the Basic Rules you can tik easily a box for second teams and it will render automatic a competition without Pro/Rel . Its also a solution to have team play a competition. I use the World CL and then my U18 can participate. Maybe bit difficult but I use the World CL and I can't see on my table what position I have to reach to participate, only green is the champion.
Did you also check the Winter Transfer Peiod?

Last edited:

This is my American Pyramid database.
I get the Regens every year but unlike you my clubs won't receive any Trophies for winning the league or the cup.
They can play it and win it but when I want to check the club info panel I can't see the throphies that I've won.
Maybe if you just fix that than there is atleast a working Database.
My youth plays also in a competition.

I am greatly enjoying this, playing Sacramento Republic and look forward seeing this worked further.