Resource icon

USA - 9 Tier Pro/Rel Database v2.0

It's because those are academy teams of Chicago Fire, Colorado Rapids and NYCFC respectively. They can't be in the same league as their parents. I debated removing those affiliations when I created the DB but decided to leave them intact as I more wanted to change the league structure while leaving team structure as is.

Ahh i see that makes sense i guess, The only thing I would say is that makes more sense for acadamy/reserve teams like LA Galaxy II 100%. San Antonio being in Texas are surely a club in there own right as New York City don't have a lot to do with them. Its like playing as Tranmere and because you are affiliated with Liverpool, You wouldn't be able to get promoted from the championship. So it should defo stand for the reserve teams, but with teams who are a separate entity i'm going to remove it for myself i think, as it will just annoy me haha

Another issue. Not sure if its just me. The academt/youth teams don't have coaches. Or any room for staff in general. I know you worked a lot on this, so its okay if you cant really change that. Was just asking if thats a feature or a bug?

Just done first season, Created and added Central Park Rangers who Benjy did a save with last year on Youtube before his computer died. Got promoted from league one. And played a couple in the championship. The Championship looks like it will be a really tough league and that's playing with my tactic (Spirit of 99) which is a monster. Great work tho, I love American databases and this is as good as anything before it. It adds so much to the game. Thanks so much.

Ahh i see that makes sense i guess, The only thing I would say is that makes more sense for acadamy/reserve teams like LA Galaxy II 100%. San Antonio being in Texas are surely a club in there own right as New York City don't have a lot to do with them. Its like playing as Tranmere and because you are affiliated with Liverpool, You wouldn't be able to get promoted from the championship. So it should defo stand for the reserve teams, but with teams who are a separate entity i'm going to remove it for myself i think, as it will just annoy me haha
I totally agree with you. I made a conscious decision to not change any team affiliations as they are in the vanilla default database now. More so because I'm lazy and didn't want to mess with them but also because I didn't want to change team structures like LA Galaxy and LA Galaxy II as those are tied together obviously. There are a lot of affiliate teams in USA like NYCFC and San Antonio where they have those agreements.

I also think it's different than in other countries that have Pro/Rel by default but since USA isn't like that, they do have weird issues like this that I didn't foresee when creating the database. Let me know if you get that done as I'd like to see it if you do to see how difficult/easy it is.

Another issue. Not sure if its just me. The academt/youth teams don't have coaches. Or any room for staff in general. I know you worked a lot on this, so its okay if you cant really change that. Was just asking if thats a feature or a bug?
Hmmm, I'm not sure. I just tested with a couple of different teams and saw that if you uncheck the "Do not Add Key Staff" option when starting a game, you do get more staff added. But even when I tried both with LA Galaxy II as a test, I had staff. What team were you trying to use where you saw it?

Just done first season, Created and added Central Park Rangers who Benjy did a save with last year on Youtube before his computer died. Got promoted from league one. And played a couple in the championship. The Championship looks like it will be a really tough league and that's playing with my tactic (Spirit of 99) which is a monster. Great work tho, I love American databases and this is as good as anything before it. It adds so much to the game. Thanks so much.
Oh that's awesome. That series was one of my inspirations to do this one but I know the editor had a hard time with it as well. Awesome job on promotion and yes the Championship is hard and meant to be. I wanted to mimic its English counterpart as close as possible. Good luck getting out of there.

I totally agree with you. I made a conscious decision to not change any team affiliations as they are in the vanilla default database now. More so because I'm lazy and didn't want to mess with them but also because I didn't want to change team structures like LA Galaxy and LA Galaxy II as those are tied together obviously. There are a lot of affiliate teams in USA like NYCFC and San Antonio where they have those agreements.

I also think it's different than in other countries that have Pro/Rel by default but since USA isn't like that, they do have weird issues like this that I didn't foresee when creating the database. Let me know if you get that done as I'd like to see it if you do to see how difficult/easy it is.

I hope its as easy as removing the affilliation and i guess its just a question of going through the teams and see whose affilliated. I'm just going to live with it in this save as I don't want to start again. Unless I add manager and cancel the link... I'm going to bed now but will try and check it over the weekend! The LA Galaxy II and acadamy teams need to leave, alone so they don't get two teams up to the top division, like barca/barca b rule in spain but affiliations like san antonio or indy eleven are the ones which obviously need to go, I don't see that there will be that many to be honest.

Hmmm, I'm not sure. I just tested with a couple of different teams and saw that if you uncheck the "Do not Add Key Staff" option when starting a game, you do get more staff added. But even when I tried both with LA Galaxy II as a test, I had staff. What team were you trying to use where you saw it?
I did nycfc. And i guess since nycfc academy isnt a full team like galaxy II, there were issues where you couldnt add staff. And it showed 0/0 head coach for example. So what happened was you wouldnt be able to train the youth. I tried working around it by having some youth train w first team from tthe "units" section in training. But the option to have youth participate w the first team didn't exist. :/ I'll prob check around the dayabase and see whats up with my bare minimum knowledge of working the editor lol. Ill lyk what if i figure anything out.

I noticed there are no youth teams in the latest DB. Is that something you think will be added? Or is it relatively easy to do?

Just completed first season in USPL, struggling financially, I think you might need to improve the prize money, if your a lower league team and get promoted the money is not good enough, so even that i finished 8th first season, my whole team needs to go and lose 40k off my wage budget down to 130k as the prize money does not cover it unfortunately. It's just the gap to the big boys like Atlanta is huge as they can spend 30m on a player i don't even have 30k lol

I'd imagine you have done this by design, but if prize money was better, it would even that out a bit more :)

Thank you again Digi for your effort on this database. I have a question, why was Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto left out. I know they are a Canada teams, maybe an update Canadian premiere league is in order:) to go with your USPL. They is history with these teams and its strange not seeing them in a league yet you can trade with them etc.

Thank you again Digi for your effort on this database. I have a question, why was Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto left out. I know they are a Canada teams, maybe an update Canadian premiere league is in order:) to go with your USPL. They is history with these teams and its strange not seeing them in a league yet you can trade with them etc.
I made the decision to remove them as I wanted it to be USA only and knew that other Canadian DB's existed (started long before SI game out with official Canadian league). I have actually tried to add those clubs into the official Canadian DB but I couldn't get it figured out.

A few quick things, Clubs like LAFC have no backroom staff available for their academy teams, which makes it super hard to attract anyone to coach the team. They also don't have any U18's, U21's etc. Just an academy. Not sure if that's fixable or not though.

Second, there are a few teams that seem to have been left out, notably the Oakland Roots. They are in the 3rd tier of US Soccer (NISA) in real life, and are an enormously popular team in Oakland. Selling out every match their first season, in their 5k~ capacity stadium.

A bunch of minor stuff I'm just noticing as I'm starting my first save on this DB. Super stoked to play!

A few quick things, Clubs like LAFC have no backroom staff available for their academy teams, which makes it super hard to attract anyone to coach the team. They also don't have any U18's, U21's etc. Just an academy. Not sure if that's fixable or not though.

Second, there are a few teams that seem to have been left out, notably the Oakland Roots. They are in the 3rd tier of US Soccer (NISA) in real life, and are an enormously popular team in Oakland. Selling out every match their first season, in their 5k~ capacity stadium.

A bunch of minor stuff I'm just noticing as I'm starting my first save on this DB. Super stoked to play!
Interesting about the staff. Do you know if you had the "Do not add staff" checkbox when starting? I think that's what it says. I have tested with regular teams but not academy teams to be honest. ALso I didn't touch anything with the internal structures of the teams in setting this up. I just added them to leagues. I wonder since these teams are playable in the vanilla DB, they are finished.

As for some teams missing, I've noticed a few. I started this DB with FM19 and made sure to get all the teams but I think some were added in FM20 that honestly got overlooked. I don't really have the ability to add too many more teams to the league but feel free to replace one of the teams with any other that I missed. I think FM added several this iteration and I don't have the ability to fit them in without dropping others.

I wish you well on your save. I've got 2 going now using it on Youtube that have been fun so far.

Did you ever succeed with the Youth Intake ? I'm curious if you found the problem

Youth intake in US doesn't work like in other countries, newgens are not generating in clubs, they generate only in academies. You need manualy check academies and offer the contracts. It's not possible to change it in editor, it's hardcoded by SI Games. You can always complain them on their official forum :)