Kevaldo09

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm currently United manager using a Barca style tactic and I got offered the US of A job and thought why not. The only problem is there dog. I know I cant use my united tactic as they can't pass a 5 yard ball. I'm guessing I need a more direct tactic. Any advice or suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers Kev

I've been using Raikan's Fusstidious 4-3-3 tactic or whatever it's called to pretty good results. As far as friendlies/Word Cup finals go, USA will be underdogs, but in World Cup qualifying USA (and Mexico) are the big dogs, so you may not necessarily need an underdog tactic.

What year is your save on? My starting lineup has for the most part been:

Howard
Chandler - Oneywu - Bocanegra - Johnson
Jones
Dempsey - Bradley
Donovan - Altidore - Beasley/Shea

Thanks, metal face I forgot that they should use an attacking tactic in qualifying and gold cup (except against Mexico and Canada) and use an underdog tactic against Canada, Mexico and superior opposition outside North America.

Maybe I play a different style but I have no problems when I coach as USA. As long as you don't have three DM's starting in the midfield like in real life you are fine. I usually have Deuce as attacking mid with a shade to the left so he is closed to Donovan. Striker doesn't really matter since he usually just taps everything in from the rebound of Deuce or Donovan. Will say it's good to use a defensive set up against the bigger boys, but I really wouldn't call Canada really big dogs. Maybe not Mexico, but that's just cause I am bias though.

I'm in 2013, so the teams the same as the one you have more or less metalface. Yeah I'll give it ago and see what happens, just fancied the challenge of the USA. They have **** youth coming through, mite need to open up the MLS.