USA - The Complete Soccer System

djh1878

Mark McCusker's #1 Fan
Reaction score
Hi again guys! Having read some people posting about the MLS over the past few days, and being intrigued by the way it works, I have decided to create the full pyramid system of football in the USA. The lower leagues work in much the same way as our European leagues, albeit without promotion and with championship playoffs between conferences in most cases, and it should provide a unique and interesting challenge for people to try out!

I've started work on it now - any interest?

Here's how it's taking shape so far...

jpcu2u.jpg

Major League Soccer

As you were, no changes made.

USL-PremierDevelopmentLeague.jpg

USL Developmental Leagues

All the talent in the draft has to come from somewhere. Made up of 8 conferences, the Developmental Leagues are responsible for producing young talent to step up to MLS level. Between 6 and 10 teams compete for each conference, and the winners go forward to the postseason in an effort to be crowned overall champions.

icvm6p.jpg

USSF Professional Division 2

Made up of two rival conferences, the USL and NASL, the USSF Division Two was initially set up as a one-year stopgap after contractual wranglings and arguments. After initial success, however, it seems to be here to stay. There are 6 teams in each conference, and the season culminates in a 6-way championship playoff.

icvm6p.jpg

USSF Professional Division 3

With the same setup as it's bigger brother, the USSF Division Three doesn't technically exist - however, it is nigh on impossible to create the level below, so I've used a little creative license. I'll release a version with promotion and relegation between the two, even though there is no movement in real life.

Sounds great, I'd definately download it.

Sounds cool, I had a game as Toronto but got bored because of the fact its only 1 league with no promotion/relegation, I would definitely download

I will give it a go...any idea how long you will take to make it?

Nice idea, but as you are delving into fantasy, why not do a completely European style system? Relegation from MLS to USL etc? That would be fun, but with static divisions I think it would be as boring as my old Australian database

Nice idea, but as you are delving into fantasy, why not do a completely European style system? Relegation from MLS to USL etc? That would be fun, but with static divisions I think it would be as boring as my old Australian database

I'm trying to be as realistic as possible, but there are other problems - when adding new leagues below the existing structures, the Developmental Leagues are already sitting below the MLS, and cannot be moved. This means that if relegation from the MLS cannot be introduced without completely new nation rules, and therefore the draft etc will be lost. I will make a database along these lines if demand is there, however.

Here are the two beta versions so far - be aware, there will be errors in these as they are. Stick them into your "editor data" folder to test them.

View attachment 97357

This version stays as true as possible to the real thing, with no relegation in the divisions.

View attachment 97358

This version has relegation introduced at levels 3 and 4, while the MLS and college development levels remain intact.

Feedback welcome!

Excellent idea mate, lots of people are put off the MLS because of its system...

I'm trying to be as realistic as possible, but there are other problems - when adding new leagues below the existing structures, the Developmental Leagues are already sitting below the MLS, and cannot be moved.

There are ways around this, but it is complicated! I learnt how to do it over on SI official boards, and i made a 9 level league with MLS draft intact (Very loosely based on real life) I also included College ball leagues (Based on Gridiron College Teams!!) unfortunately the laptop i had it on died before i gt it released (Hence why I now release BETA versions of my database after every major change!!!)

I'll try and find the post (its amongst about 100 pages of other editing tips!!)

Good Luck, I hope to find time to give your legue a go, I'd love to play as Crystal Palace Baltimore, but without the possibility of promotion to MLS it makes it a bit stale....

There are ways around this, but it is complicated! I learnt how to do it over on SI official boards, and i made a 9 level league with MLS draft intact (Very loosely based on real life) I also included College ball leagues (Based on Gridiron College Teams!!) unfortunately the laptop i had it on died before i gt it released (Hence why I now release BETA versions of my database after every major change!!!)

I'll try and find the post (its amongst about 100 pages of other editing tips!!)

Good Luck, I hope to find time to give your legue a go, I'd love to play as Crystal Palace Baltimore, but without the possibility of promotion to MLS it makes it a bit stale....

Think I've stumbled upon it - just spent over an hour reading through the advanced editing thread over there, and am still trying to get my head round it all! I think that it is possible, using advanced rules, to re-jig the league setup, and I'm gonna give it my best shot...wish me luck!

Bump to see if djh1878 have finally got it to work, I just got FM11 yesterday and was looking thru the site to see if anyone had a good American DB and stumble on this thread.