Montanaro

Reaction score
Really, no thread on this?

I had to listen to it while I worked on my research, missed most of it. We had a lot of great chances early in the game. I finally had to leave at 85' and missed the game winning goal.

I'm sure this thread won't be popular, but it needs acknowledgment.

Well done USA.
An extremely underrated side that can pose a threat to the bigger sides as shown against Brazil, Spain and England.
They work well for each other and have a match winner in Donovan which is what I like about them.

Well-deserved progression for the USA today. The fact they finished top of the group should be a relief to them, as they're likely to avoid a decent German side.

Would have preferred if they hadn't won, obviously, but they definitely deserved something from the groups. Two disallowed goals which potentially should have been counted, as well as hitting the woodwork a number of times...

Finally some luck, oh, and Robert Green's bad luck, of course.

Because of today's results I can see USA getting to at least the quarter finals if I'm honest, possibly the Semi-finals. They have got a relatively easy run-in all the way to the semis.

Because of today's results I can see USA getting to at least the quarter finals if I'm honest, possibly the Semi-finals. They have got a relatively easy run-in all the way to the semis.
i dunno. if they face ghana, it could be a very hard fought game, both teams full of pace, physicality an running, and no small amount of guile. a good game to watch imo