Use of "B" Teams to Develop Players

lametown

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been playing FM for two years now, and I'm currently playing FM12. I have not coached a team in La Liga until just recently. I'm playing as Zaragoza, in my second season with the team and 4th season overall fm time. I'm familiar with the use of "B" Teams as reserve teams in Spain in reality but not in FM. So here are my questions:

What kind of success have people had with sending young prospects (five star potenetial) to the B Team instead of playing them with the U19s? versus loans? My players are good enough to be "indispensible to the team" for my B Team when I send them, but often they will become "unhappy at being sent to the B Team" under their personal details.

Does the B Team get the benefit of your team's facilities? If not, can you upgrade your B Team's facilities?

I've got a B team with bunrley, and i don't see the benefit, as it opperates totally seperately to the rest of the team and they rarely play matches as there isn't a league for it

I've got a B team with bunrley, and i don't see the benefit, as it opperates totally seperately to the rest of the team and they rarely play matches as there isn't a league for it

You don't get B Teams in England, you get reserve teams, totally different.

B Teams are incredibly useful if the league they play in is loaded, otherwise they aren't the greatest TBH, unless you plan 20-30 friendlies for them if the league is not loaded for them.

Thanks StuW. I was definitely wondering if using my B Team was worth it. On my game Zaragoza B doesn't have a league, even though they must create stats for the season somehow. I had a news update at the end of my first season that spoke of one of my B Team strikers breaking the goals record, scoring 29 times in the season. I will try booking friendlies for them. That was a strategy I hadn't thought of.

I noticed that last season my B Team players didn't really develop at all. I have a 4.5 star potential CB that wasn't going to get any matches in my first team (I have three 5 star potential 18yr olds and one old veteran ahead in the pecking order). I placed him in the B Team. Although he was the best player on the team and probably should have started every match, he did not increase in attributes the whole season. I've had him in the first team for the start of my latest season, and his attributes are already on the up without playing in more than a friendly.

Do you know if it's possible to get your unloaded B Team into the lower leagues? Or alternatively, do you know of a way to find teams whose B Teams are loaded into the lower leagues from the beginning of FM?

Thanks

Thanks StuW. I was definitely wondering if using my B Team was worth it. On my game Zaragoza B doesn't have a league, even though they must create stats for the season somehow. I had a news update at the end of my first season that spoke of one of my B Team strikers breaking the goals record, scoring 29 times in the season. I will try booking friendlies for them. That was a strategy I hadn't thought of.

I noticed that last season my B Team players didn't really develop at all. I have a 4.5 star potential CB that wasn't going to get any matches in my first team (I have three 5 star potential 18yr olds and one old veteran ahead in the pecking order). I placed him in the B Team. Although he was the best player on the team and probably should have started every match, he did not increase in attributes the whole season. I've had him in the first team for the start of my latest season, and his attributes are already on the up without playing in more than a friendly.

Do you know if it's possible to get your unloaded B Team into the lower leagues? Or alternatively, do you know of a way to find teams whose B Teams are loaded into the lower leagues from the beginning of FM?

Thanks
Well, if your younger players are 17 or older, you should look to loan them out to lower league clubs, in leagues that are playable/active, where they will be at least a rotation player. This way they will get games rather than sitting in the reserves.

To get your B team in the game, you may need to download a custom DB that adds the leagues to the game. However this will require a new game/

put them into a league on fm editor which you can download from steam---just make sure you take a team out of that league