mwhitehorn07

Reaction score
I've been playing FM for a long time, and my tactics tend to include IFs and DLFs.

I have a regen coming through at liverpool who is huge and a target man, and I want to play him. I have no idea, though, on the fundamental tenents of a tactic that uses a target man.

I dont want to change my 451 setup so I changed the IFs to wingers and the DLF to a target man attack. I also ticked him as the TM and has everyone's crossing set to aim at him. Is this effective? I want a big portion of my goals to come from the TM and his head.

Any basic tips?

I would Float Crosses, and set every player cross aim to that of the Target Man.

i've definitely dont those things, but even more simply:

does a TM work with short passing? Does the side need to play wide to promote crosses from the Wingers?

Anyone have any links to other tactics that use a TM that I can use as a template?

A target man can work well with short passing, your team doesn't need to play too wide as you can set your players too cross from deep, I would still use you're IF's if you like them but I would make them cut Inside and use attacking fullbacks to run into the space they make